9Rush

Completely forgot about 9Life! The bandwidth usage on that channel is quite minimal anyway.

The capacity is there to run a HD channel like SBS, they just need to sacrifice an SD slot. There really isn’t a reason to run MPEG2 SD in 2020 or 9Gem in SD.

If people can’t receive the HD channels, they can go buy a set top box from Big W for $29 or maybe a new TV. Everyone did it during the analogue switchover, so no reason it can’t happen now.

6 Likes

Which will be 5 with 9Rush

1 Like

Have they actuality added it yet
Did a scan just know and no 9Rush yet in Perth

Not yet added in Sydney (or on 9NBN, that’s on the assumption Nth NSW gets it too, presumably on Channel 86, which may I add, would make it a good home for “Get Smart”!).

2 Likes

I’ll keep an eye on Darwin. Nine is known for using the NT as a “test” site for upcoming channels or changes.

4 Likes

The station update has just hit Adelaide. With this as the still picture.

7 Likes

Do you know if it’s MPEG-4?

MPEG-2 SD, at least in Melbourne.

6 Likes

Nothing in northern NSW yet

Bandwidth issue? Or strategic for maximum exposure = ratings (which was 7flix’ issue in the initial months before changing to MPEG2 and seeing an instant increase in audience)?

Probably the 2nd one, because MPEG4 is a more efficient video codec than MPEG2.

Of course, another contributing factor could also be the fact that now probably isn’t the best time to go out and upgrade a television!

I think it’s more about content no one wants? I noticed one night not long ago 7flix only had a 0.5% share?

Also, I hope that being in MPEG2 SD is an April Fools joke :joy:

In Brisbane / Gold Coast / Sunshine Coast:

Video + audio for 60 minutes average

Ch Mbps
Nine 3.04
9HD 4.36
9GEM 2.92
9Go 2.96
9Life 2.72
9GEM HD 4.22
9Rush 0.95
3 Likes

Is it time to start calling “nine”, “9”?

Like 9go 9rush 9gem, 9life…

And Nine becomes the network suite of channels with “9” rather than “nine” being the flagship Channel

2 Likes

will it be just cities getting 9RUSH or will areas like Renmark and Mildura get it as well?

1 Like

How about 9nine? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The EPG name for the main channel is Channel 9.

2 Likes

I don’t like their chances.

Renmark and Mildura still don’t have 9Life, do they?

1 Like

It’s normal for channels just displaying an image to have a low bandwidth. Expect this to grow when launched.

2 Likes