9Rush

9Rush promo tonight in Renmark. Pity we won’t be getting it, this seems like a good show

7 Likes

I’ve watched the first 2 seasons of the show on Foxtel & its a good show!

Season 3 starts on Foxtel soon.

1 Like

The dirty feed with the “Channel 96” bit isn’t great.

1 Like

Why is this channel not showing in the Rockhampton region?

1 Like

Because SCA aren’t carrying it.

Because There is not enough advertising revenue to make it viable in smaller markets

1 Like

So 9 Life there was?

Im not sure. Is 9Life carried in Rockhampton?

Yes we had it with WIN and they worked quick i think 3 weeks later we had it again with SCA.

So yes we just don’t have 9 Rush and won’t have 10 Shake.

1 Like

So the market must be able to support 15 multi channels or so, but not 20. Makes sense

1 Like

It was apart of the agreement when SCA first signed as the channel was existing at the time.

Didn’t it launch on Day 1 of SCA as-well-as Nine HD?

Seven have ceased region-based multi-channels in Regional QLD instead now delivering statewide channels. Wouldn’t be surprised if SCA and WIN start heading down this path shortly.

2 Likes

No, it was delayed by a couple of weeks. From memory, it was meant to launch on 1 July 2016 but didn’t due to some kind of technical difficulty. Probably weren’t able to install the extra equipment needed at their Canberra playout in time.

8 Likes

with that same market and network carrying SBN (Sonlife Broadcasting Network) instead of 9Rush, and Sky News on WIN instead of 10Shake.

3 Likes

The new app will also allow for live streaming for all of the 9network’s linear broadcast channels including 9Rush which is currently unavailable on free-to-air television in most regional markets.

1 Like

Comparison between Australian & NZ versions of Rush for 24/1/2023. Thought it might be of some vague interest…

2 Likes

Outback Opal Hunters (season 5) moving channels from 7mate to 9Rush - Monday 8 May 8.30pm.

1 Like

First big strike by Nine for Rush? :eyes:

yeah, but kind of by default since that show is owned by Discovery, and Discovery has a half share in 9Rush

1 Like

Don’t often see a 9 Rush promo on the main channel.

6 Likes

Maybe because it’s promoting a new show (and from another network where it was a m/c success), but not sure why when it’s a good idea to push a m/c and expose to viewers who might not be fully aware of it or watch it regularly, something I’d think both Seven and Nine should capitalise on with their nightly news reach.

I’ve seen 10 Bold and Peach ones occasionally on their main channel, not so much Shake, certainly their m/c on a m/c though. Seven regularly show 7flix promos during their news, I see 7Bravo promos during Home and Away and you do see them rotate through them a lot, 7flix tends to air promos for every channel, same with 7mate.

1 Like