9Rush

Is the channel MPEG4?

Yes (see post 117)

No (see post 79)

2 Likes

MPEG2. (If it were MPEG4 they could’ve just gone directly to HD)

No new channel up here nearest town Rockhampton.

LOL why would Nine waste higher bitrate than Channel 9, 9Go! and 9Gem on the lowest* rating commercial channel 9Rush?

*assumption based on history.

9rush is a metro only channel

making this here rather than the “predictions” thread as nobody will see it and in time. This is a one off

How do we think 9Rush will rate night 1 after the heavy promotion?

• 0 - 0.5% share
  • 0.5 - 1% share
  • 1 - 1.5% share
  • 1.5 - 2% share
  • 2%+ share

0 voters

9Rush probably only had a reasonably high bitrate because it’s just been launched.

Personally, I think the SD versions of Nine and 9Gem should have the lowest bitrate of them all. Those who care enough about the picture quality of either service are probably watching 90 or 95 anyway!

4 Likes

When will 9rush be added to the 9now app

EPG in Perth is 2hrs out, showing EST programming. Has been that way since the beginning.

2 Likes

It’s now on the 9Now app from what I have seen. Hopefully the regional areas can get it from 9Now.

1 Like

Yep, up and running

5 Likes

Video from yesterday:

Channel launch - can’t show you anything further than the BBC production opener, but you get the idea

ACA promo blooper

7 Likes

Did they give enough notice of its launch for OzTAM to include it in the ratings report tomorrow?

:thinking:

4 Likes

9Rush promo tonight in Renmark. Pity we won’t be getting it, this seems like a good show

7 Likes

I’ve watched the first 2 seasons of the show on Foxtel & its a good show!

Season 3 starts on Foxtel soon.

1 Like

The dirty feed with the “Channel 96” bit isn’t great.

1 Like

Why is this channel not showing in the Rockhampton region?

1 Like

Because SCA aren’t carrying it.

Because There is not enough advertising revenue to make it viable in smaller markets

1 Like