9Now

The direct links don’t work to my knowledge anymore as you need to login to access it now. Probably the easiest way to access it would be to use Kodi and download the 9Now extension from the link below. The Kodi extension will prompt you to login using your 9Now login but in the configuration you’ll be able to change the location to Newcastle at minimal.

1 Like

Would this work when accessing 9Now on a PC, or just your TV?

Yes you can install Kodi on a computer phone etc

Added the 9Now extension, but I can’t seem to change it to Newcastle, I’ve tried going to Add-on settings and it tells me that the add-on can’t be configured. I am receiving the Sydney feed of Channel 9 by default. How can I change it to Newcastle in the easiest way possible using the Kodi on PC? Thanks.

1 Like

I don’t have Kodi installed on my computer but I tested it on my Nvidia Shield and it did not show any errors by going to Settings 9Now Region.

It did load the stream after making the changes however I did not watch long enough to confirm if it was NBN and not Channel Nine. However if you log an issue on the Github the developers maybe able to help. I am aware of an issue when watching a stream when an ad break starts the first promo shows as normal but after that it freezes but usually if you go out of the stream and back in again it starts playing again.

1 Like

Just had another look, and I found the region section. Just changed it to Newcastle.

I think that freezing thing is because if you watch on the 9Now app, it will replace the channel’s ad break feed with 9Now’s inserted national ads, mostly coming from the capital cities. But when watching it on Kodi, it just stops. When the 9Now direct links used to be active, they just kept playing without interruptions (if you watched it on VLC). But now you have to keep stopping and starting the stream, which is very annoying.

But at least I finally found the Newcastle stream once again, even if it’s through Kodi for now. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

A 24/7 The Block channel launched today.

6 Likes

They might as well just launch a 24/7 news channel

3 Likes

UPDATE: Surprise… the direct 9Now stream links are back! God bless the end of the Olympics and Paralympics! Yes it was the Olympics that, in the end, caused the streams to go offline haha!

6 Likes

Saw a promo on Nine Melbourne tonight that 9Now is streaming complete seasons of FBI, which airs on 10. So I visited the website and found that it has the first four seasons of the show, with 78 episodes in total.

I wonder if Nine got the show through its relationship with NBCUniversal (FBI is coproduced by CBS Studios and Universal Television). Also, are old seasons of FBI still available on Paramount+?

1 Like

Yes, every season.

2 Likes

So it is a non-exclusive streaming deal then.

1 Like

Not unusual these days, with networks and streamers trying to maximize value from shows with catalogues sold or acquired by FTA and made available for BVOD & SVOD to purchase.

1 Like

Is this only through Kodi or something? All the 9 live stream links I had saved previously still don’t work for me.

1 Like

Looks like they’ve got Bull too, judging by an ad I just saw. Unless it’s another show Weatherly has been in but it’s not NCIS.

9Now have lots of Paramount content on there. Just go to the drama section and you’ll see.

3 Likes

Not just 9Now, Stan also has a fair bit of Paramount content and has had for some time.

Also available on Stan.

1 Like

I hope 9now will add all City Based Afternoon Bulletins.

4 Likes

They have created a fresh new set of direct links. You will need to update your playlist, if you have compiled one. To save you time, attached here is the new 9HD stream link.

Sydney
https://9now-livestreams-fhd-t.akamaized.net/u/prod/simulcast/syd/ch9/hls/r1/index.m3u8

Living in Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth? Just change the city name from “syd” (Sydney) to “mel” for Melbourne, “bne” for Brisbane, “adl” for Adelaide and “per” for Perth.

Living in Newcastle, Northern Rivers or Gold Coast regions? Just change the city name from “syd” (Sydney) to “new” for Newcastle, “nlm” for Northern Rivers and “gcq” for Gold Coast.

For the multichannel stations, just change the channel name from “ch9” to “gem” for 9Gem, “go” for 9Go, “life” for 9Life and “rush” for 9Rush. Please note that this method only works with the capital cities. The new 9Now regional streams only carry the main channel, so for the multi channels you need to choose Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth.

2 Likes