9Now

I assume no cricket or NRL on 9now as someone else has the internet rights?

Suppose we find out when the cricket or NRL are on next.

1 Like

Is registration with My9 meant to stop overseas people to watch Nine programs illegally (even with a VPN)? I know a lot of people outside Australia who watch The Voice every year since it began, and itā€™s mainly through 9jump-in as Nine and Talgo do everything to stop local viewers uploading clips up onto YouTube.

All the US networks here in the US make you sign in and register to view live streaming on their .com websites or apps as well as Apple TV apps.

Itā€™s so they can build a database and track usage and viewing in order to monetize it.

Does anyone know a way to download videos from the 9NOW site?

Iā€™ve tried addons on chrome and firefox, but they are only getting the ads played before the episodes.

I donā€™t know, but for all I know, I canā€™t seem to access the direct links at all. This oneā€™s from Singapore.

I almost forgot to say that when the 9Now site recognised a non-Australian IP, it redirects to a help site with the out of Australia page.

A great tool. I like it Iā€™m extremely happy with it. I could tell my father in Queensland to let him watch news in situations like cyclones, storms and so on. Iā€™m extremely happy. A job well done to nine.

Even at shopping when I donā€™t feel like talking to people I can watch tv whenever I feel like it. Itā€™s s great tool.

1 Like

Does this include Go!, Gem or 9Life as a playlist style file, or just the main 9 stream?

Also, does anyone have the ABC1 and ABC News 24 direct links?

1 Like

As itā€™s been said before, only the main channel is streaming on 9Now at the moment with 9Go!, 9Gem and 9Life coming soon.

Iā€™ve tried to grab the URL but it seems to want some sort of token which is passed on from iview prior to viewing.

If you have to sign up for the service - is that a ā€œsubscriptionā€ (albeit a free one)?? :grinning:

Quality is really great, but I canā€™t access LIVE bulletins, why?

Ah, ok. Makes it sound like the ABC arenā€™t mucking around with their stuff, and thatā€™s both a good and a bad thing (for the obvious reasons)

All the 7, 9 and ABC streams work in VLC anywhere in the world with the aid of Livestreamer.

1 Like

What about Foxtel GO direct stream links?

Do you have the direct URLs for the ABC streams though?

This is ABC News 24: rtmp://cp81899.live.edgefcs.net/live//news24-hi@28773

1 Like

My Sony Android TV is now showing the 9Now branding under the Freeview Plus hbbtv component.

3 Likes

those links are probably encrypted.

The URLs are embedded in the batch file but donā€™t seem to work on their own. Try it out and see if this works for you. Itā€™s a modified batch originally made by apsattv on the Austech and Whirlpool forums. Youā€™ll need to have VLC already and also install Livestreamer (included in .zip file). Then, simply run the .bat as administrator and select your channel.

When you select a channel, a new VLC player window will open. Unfortunately you have to close VLC and return to the command window to select another channel. But itā€™s pretty good and easy to record too!

Download: (removed)

9 Likes