9Gem

Id say its because the Australian Open is airing on 9Gem at the moment…

2 Likes

That’s odd as it stopped airing weeks before the Aus Open started and The Young and Restless moved to 12pm… Future guides have Y&R at 12pm with no sign of Days of our Lives.

1 Like

Oh, there you go. I didn’t realise that it stopped airing weeks ago. It’s odd that it’s stopped without an explanation.

1 Like

Days of Our Lives never airs during the school holiday period.

2 Likes

Channel 5 series Secrets of the National Trust will be shown at 4.30pm weekdays from Monday, January 30. Five series were broadcast in the UK from 2017 to 2020, but 9Gem will begin from series 1.
The show is based on Alan Titchmarsh and other well known celebrities and experts visiting National Trust properties and showing viewers stories, restoration work and other interesting facts about National Trust property and lands.

2 Likes

Still no Days of Our Lives in the schedule for next week. I thought most schools are back next week, but might be wrong.

I’m just wondering if 9 has quietly taken days of our lives out of its schedule because looking at 9 now their last episode was December 21st

1 Like

I suspect the same, because I thought the schools holiday argument would have applied to The Young and the Restless as well.

No, it’s always been just Days of Our Lives that was affected by the school holiday rule.

so then school goes back next week but still no days of our lives in the schedule

some states might be later than next week?

School goes back over a few days starting Tuesday. Maybe they want to start Days on a Monday?

true

How far behind is it, compared to what’s airing on Foxtel?

well, binge and Foxtel is maybe two or three days behind. looks like 9 gems is playing episodes from November 2021

1 Like

Cheers. So 9Gem is about 1 year behind.

I believe it use to be two years, but with the close down of covid in 2020, that gap may have reduced.

1 Like

DO we have anyone from Nine here to clarify the situation?

I also notice next week that 9Gem is airing Seaway at 10:30am weekday mornings instead of Pointless repeats. Is this a permanent change?

Week commencing 5 February

Monday
12:00 THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

Tuesday
12:00 THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

Wednesday
12:00 DAYS OF OUR LIVES
12:55 THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

Thursday
12:00 DAYS OF OUR LIVES
12:55 THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

Friday