7TWO - Programs and Schedules

Series 2 of Kitty is Not a Cat featuring Rove McManus starts 11 November 2019 on 7TWO. There are 52 episodes.

Source:

1 Like

C21 reports Seven has bought seasons six and seven of The Yorkshire Vet from program distributor DRG. I think they will go straight to 7TWO.

2 Likes

Haven’t previous seasons aired on 7TWO?

1 Like

Knoxy’s multi-channel survey on TVT the other day confirmed (thru Seven) that Yorkshire Yet is indeed back for another new season

I’ve just noticed on the online TV guides that 7TWO will air The Mentalist, Without A Trace, and Cold Case, starting from Tuesday 15th October from 7:30pm. All of those programs were originally aired on Nine & are distributed by Warner Bros.

The Mentalist was also fairly recently being repeated on One (now 10 Bold).

1 Like

More good news for the animated series with Seven renewing it for a third season.

2 Likes

Latest guides have Pie In The Sky (as normal) at 7:30pm, followed by blockbuster movie epic “The Towering Inferno” (1974) which is licenced by WB (formerly on Nine) at 8:30pm for 3.5hrs until midnight.

Coincidently, 10 Bold still have The Mentalist scheduled later tomorrow night.

Maybe a rights/advanced scheduling mix-up by Seven?

1 Like

According to the online TV guides, 7TWO will air Cold Case from Tuesday 19th November at 7:30pm, followed by double episodes of Without A Trace at 8:30pm.

It was originally meant to start last month, but was changed at rather short notice in favour of The Towering Inferno.

1 Like

Charles: 50 Years a Prince

29 November at 6:00PM

With unprecedented access to celebratory engagements, plus an exclusive interview, this insightful documentary commemorates HRH Prince Charles’ enduring tenure as Prince of Wales. Featuring unseen archive, new revelations and an interview with his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, this deeply personal film tells a unique story of the longest-serving Prince of Wales in British history and how he won over a nation with his deep passion for its landscape, people and culture.

Prince Charles became Prince of Wales aged just nine years old, but it was not until 11 years later, in the summer of 1969, that he was formally invested with the title by the Queen in a spectacular ceremony at Caernarfon Castle. The event was watched by half a billion people around the world putting Wales firmly on the global stage. But it was not without controversy as, for some, the celebration also became a moment for nationalist protest. Five decades on, the Prince is now the longest-serving Prince of Wales in history and his affection for the nation and its people is as strong as ever. Around the world he is widely regarded as one of the nation’s greatest ambassadors. In commemoration of this landmark anniversary, ITV has been granted unique access to the Prince at his secluded Welsh home of Llwynywermod, and with the Duchess of Cornwall on their annual Welsh tour, making new friends and reconnecting with people from the Prince’s past. A Yeti Television program for ITV.

Caught the end of Cold Case’s pilot on 7Two a few minutes ago, as usual Seven remove the end credits. After the first credit “Executive Producer Jerry Bruckheimer” they cut to the three studio logos Jerry Bruckheimer Films, CBS and Warner Bros Television.

Seven obviously obtained rights through their Warner Bros deal (who now licence the show’s re-runs), but I thought Bruckheimer had a long-term contract/relationship with Disney? Did that end by 2003?

But end credits do get altered to whoever owns them. I remember some of the 60s sitcoms had Sony, Paramount, WB etc. added to them after the rights were sold off.

1 Like

True. With Cold Case, Bruckheimer was the production company with CBS (formerly Paramount TV) distributing, with rights then being bought by Warner Bros TV.

Kiwi, a New Zealand telemovie about the 1983 Melbourne Cup winner, premieres on 7TWO this Sunday (December 8) at the late time of 9.30pm. A rare promo shown tonight during AACTA Awards.

2 Likes

Slipping that film in to get a few extra Australian drama points, I think.

3 Likes

Has anyone noticed that a lot of shows that air on 7TWO are so obviously old? I recall seeing one a week ago that promoted an CRT TV on it with a DVD player. And don’t get me started on the fact that these are old Seven-produced shows and that the closing logos are plastered with the Seven Studios logo…

Isn’t that true for all the multi-channels? They’re all playing some shows that date back to the 1960s.

1 Like

This is basically me, a regular 9Life viewer comparing this to that channel. 9Life has a lot of “new-ish” 2010s shows (incluidng the House Hunters franchise) when 7TWO is basically a dump.

But isn’t 7TWO more like 9Gem?

Does 9Gem have a lot more new-ish shows? From what I can see, they have a lot of repeats from the ABC from yonks ago.

1 Like

Series 1 of Dogs Behaving (Very) Badly is being repeated on 7TWO from tonight at 8.30pm. You might remember that episode 7 was not shown in SA, WA and Victoria back in September due to the debut of documentary Inside the G. This episode is now scheduled for January 24, 2020 which will be first screening for SA, WA and Victorian viewers, provided there is no schedule change.

1 Like

The above is not quite correct. It was episode 7 that was skipped in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth. On December 18, Perth viewers will see episode 7 at 730pm and Adelaide viewers at 10pm. The episode remains unscheduled in Melbourne.

2 Likes