7TWO - Programs and Schedules

Wonder if they’ve missed a quota somewhere

2 Likes

Seeing as it’s the end of the year, I reckon you’d be right.

I don’t think that they would play it for any other reason.

1 Like

Bushfire Wars premieres Sunday week 8:30pm on 7Two (12 x 30min eps), 1 per week it looks like. Australian funded production last year.

2 Likes

“First Time on…” still a popular promo tagline at Seven, not just for movies that have changed rights from one network to another, but also TV shows it seems…

20200319_221208

20200319_221229

I’m sure @blackbox will be happy to see the network still using a term he coined 10-15 years ago when he worked in the team (Rob said they came up with the term in a Blackbox podcast one day when Seven got a bunch of really old movies that programming originally titled as “premiere” but obviously couldn’t really use that).

2 Likes

Never meant to imply I came up with the term… which I don’t think I did. Just meant it’s a term ‘we’ came up with as a team to get around the issue.

Apologies for the confusion.

3 Likes

Still as meaningless now as it was then.

4 Likes

Promo for 6-part mini-series Miss Scarlet and the Duke (announced at Seven’s 2020 upfronts last October) aired tonight during Better Homes and Gardens in Melbourne. It says it is “coming soon” to 7TWO. It’s based on this trailer.

‘Border Security night’ on 7Two (which still had promos airing for it as of late last night) has been dropped tonight at late notice, possibly due to a new episode of Border Security on the main channel tonight and it might’ve been seen as counter-intuitive?

Umpteenth repeat movie The Sound of Music replaces from 7pm.

2 Likes

Report on school program to be seen on 7Two in Queensland.

2 Likes

TBI website reports Seven has acquired The Restoration Workshop, a 10 x 60-minute series produced by Middlechild for UKTV’s Yesterday channel, following antiques dealer and expert restorer Gary Wallis as he and his team turn tired and unloved objects into high-end pieces of work. Given the topic I think it will air on 7TWO.

1 Like
3 Likes

Seven are taking advantage of the situation. There’s no reason they couldn’t have continued showing the new episodes and repeats until they ran out.

Definitely. Do they think they can attract more advertising for the repeats of other shows in an early morning slot?

3 Likes

Seems odd that they’d get rid of the these children programming so quickly. Are their replacement - 2 repeated lifestyle programs - that often are shown during the day anyway, going to be a hit at 7am on 7Two? lol.

5 Likes

Probably will become permanent eventually.

Why couldn’t they put them on 7Flix instead? There’s nothing but stupid cooking shows at that time of the day and could do with some decent Australian children’s content.

2 Likes

There used to be kids shows on 7flix (I think), but then they dumped all the remains of 7food network there last december

1 Like

In Qld in a few weeks there will be school programs from 8.30-10-30 mon/wed/fri.

2 Likes

Since there is no quota this year there is no point. They’ll stockpile them until the quota returns.

3 Likes

Premieres this Friday, May 1.

This means NBC Today will air on 7TWO in Queensland at the later time of 10.30am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, excluding public holidays.

Miss Scarlet and The Duke

Coming Soon

Eliza steps into her father’s shoes and takes over his detective business, following the shocking news of his death. This move goes against the wishes of everyone around her, including family friend Inspector Wellington, aka “the Duke”. In her first ever case, Eliza is hired by an unscrupulous male client trying to find his long-lost niece, but things aren’t all as they seem. Eliza’s sheer determination to uncover the truth helps her realise that she does have what it takes to be a detective.