7plus

5 Likes

When?

3 Likes

Seven will be in effect launching their own subscription service, according to this story at Mumbrella.

It suggests 7 Plus live streams in standard definition will be free with no requirement to register, and …

5 Likes

My initial reaction is FU 7WM:
1080p (HD) of what’s broadcast FTA, with ads included, is not premium content that we should be expected to pay for.

3 Likes

I’m interested to see if they put much of their back catalogue of local content up. I mean, beyond the usual 1hr dramas from the last few years.

1 Like

The online advertising i’ve seen from 7 about the change to 7plus fails to mention that it’s a streaming service.

I keep seeing heaps of people thinking that it’s a new multichannel from 7.

And then there’s this:

:open_mouth:

2 Likes

Isnt that anytime anywhere catch phrase used by hamish and andy for 9now?

Must be close if this has started to appear at the end of The Chase:

9 Likes

Trying to watch something on Plus7 is like trying to get coffee out of a water tap!

Exact same ads over and over and over and over again. Then it completely freezes up trying to start the ad break. Then it finally starts 2 minutes later, plays 1 ad, frozen black screen, then it finally starts again, then you finally get through it and it goes right back to the start of the programme instead of where you were watching. FFS!

7 Likes

To add to that, somehow the switch to ad breaks screws up the audio output settings on my Apple TV

1 Like

Use an ad-blocker on Chrome mate!! It works for me :wink:

I don’t watch on a computer. I’m watching it on my TV… no way to add an ad-blocker :frowning:

Adblock on Chrome does not work … says it will not play unless I remove it.

1 Like

It works if you pause AdBlock, refresh the page and then quickly turn AdBlock back on while the player loads but before the ads kick in.

2 Likes

Exactly what I do; how did you know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

does any one the offical launch date for 7plus keeps saying nvember but there isn’t many days left in november

Must be finalising those logo changes!

(More seriously I am looking forward to seeing what they do! Hope they update the Fetch and AppleTV apps)

Before Thursday.

No mention of live streaming in HD. Looks like you can’t even pay for live streaming in HD.

7Plus is live now at https://7plus.com.au/

Live streaming is SD still (for the moment)

Catch up is also SD only at the moment, however, when looking at the direct links, there is an argument in the URL that forces it to SD (&rule=sd-only). When this is removed catch-up can be watched in 1080p.

3 Likes