7plus

7 Flix was originally supposed to just be movies so the flicks nickname was an appropriate name originally.
7 Two is an extension of 7 and is on channel 7-2 so appropriate.

What would you suggest?

2 Likes

8 Likes

Don’t forget 7mate is orientated as a “bloke’s channel”, hence the name.

SBS’ are pretty self-explanatory through their program supply deals.

ABC:
ABC2 is ABC’s second channel and is (now) on 22
ABC3 because it was the third channel on 23, now ABC Me I guess because it rhymes with 23?

Nine:
9Gem was named for its content: General Entertainment and Movies
9Go!'s initial lineup more youth/young adult-orientated, inspiring its name
9Life, um, lifestyle programming

The only channel names with a problem is Ten, no unifying brand name and lazily named after channel numbers. Only non-channel TenPlay has got it right. Seven’s and Nine’s channels have been named with a system based on content, so hardly “seemingly meaningless”.

2 Likes

In the past 10 mins on my Android I just turned off the location setting then put Perth postcodes into the 7Live and Plus7 apps and it worked on both, was able to stream 7 and 7TWO on both apps. Don’t know why I could but you couldn’t? Though the time on the app is EST not WST.

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/21587070_10210109074307901_7801646527268332615_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=9c05eb70605d28f70fa6d388dadd4bed&oe=5A4112A3

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/21765636_10210109070187798_3720022044989503663_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=ff415da0a6749fe395c150e01561ecf9&oe=5A49B6D2

1 Like

I referenced Channel 9, not 7 and apart from the fairly recent addition of 9Life, how would the average Joe Blogs viewer have any idea or care about what the Gem & Go! meant or stand for? Neither define the respective channels or give much meaning IMO.

Yeah. I think 9Gem must be the stupidest name for a TV channel. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I doubt if more than 0.01% of the population know what it stands for.

1 Like

7Stream
7 Flix — 7 Three Flix makes it sound like an online streaming service.
7 Mate stays the same.

Considering they want to be different to streaming services (who are stealing all their viewers) it might be a mistake to highlight streaming in their branding.

1 Like

7Play perhaps?Sounds similar to TenPlay. I guess I’ll get used to 7Plus lol.

They’ve obviously stuck with the plus brand from an awareness perspective and just brought the 7 into line with their other offerings, sticking clear of now, play, view, on demand etc to differentiate themselves from the other networks.

They could’ve disrupted (somewhat) CBS’ push into the Australian market with their All Access product by calling it something similar, as I imagine 7 will want to have some sort of paid offering available over and above the regular catch-up content however 7Plus sounds far more marketable.

Interestingly, iHeartMedia has a trademark for iHeartRadio All Access.

https://search.ipaustralia.gov.au/trademarks/mobile/view/1814703

1 Like

Those commenting on 7Live’s update (automatic location).

Just use Plus7’s live streams instead (where you can still change the postcode).

All streaming is no longer available through the Plus7 portal, it has all been moved to a separate domain as 7Live and has been redesigned to remove manual postcode selection. The old URL through Plus7 now redirects to the new 7Live domain.

2 Likes

Urghhhhhh :persevere:

Just got the 7Live update today, as annoyed as anyone.

A few days ago, hadn’t occured, was wondering what everyone was on about.

1 Like

Live streams on Plus7 still working for me, it was updated on Tuesday.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I meant, same here Gezzy :thinking:

(I’m referring to an Android app btw).

1 Like

Mine is Android too.

1 Like

Even TVNZ can Stream US Shows just hours after their Original Airings before they air on TV, A New Traditition Seven needs to Follow.

1 Like

The Australian reports the AFL grand final on Saturday and Melbourne Spring Carnival in October and November were ­selected as the perfect launch pad for 7Plus.

2 Likes

From the article:

Margin Call understands the likely bumper broadcast of the AFL grand final on Saturday and Melbourne Spring Carnival in October and November were ­selected as the perfect launch pad for the new platform.

Well no duh.

The platform is planned to fundamentally change the way the network engages with advertisers, although measurement of audience across all types of ­devices both online and offline has proved a challenge for the ­industry.

Do we expect to see accounts similar to Nine Now?

It will be launched under the hashtag “Change The Game”, which, as it happens, is also used by the Argentine women’s ­soccer team in their campaign to be paid fairly. Will these women ever stop complaining?

What even.