Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

11 Likes

Haha, Noel looking thrilled at the end of the update after mentioning “Here on 7”

6 Likes

Those weather graphics are awful

8 Likes

That Prime-era weather map lives on, I guess.

So they’ve finally moved Noel’s 4pm news appearances in to the half of the bulletin seen by the regional audience?

1 Like

Terrible problems with tonight’s relaunch. MHA TBS experiencing issues. Half the opener cut off.

1 Like

8 Likes

Prime and GWN (sorry, 7 Regional) is played out from TBS. MHA is not involved any more (well, except the VAST News channels are played out by MHA on behalf of SCA, but that’s probably splitting hairs)

3 Likes

Lol, I’m having a brain fade today. I think I mentioned MHA earlier today too. Whoops

3 Likes

And now it’s time for [blank] with Shauna Willis

18 Likes

Haha we all do :slight_smile: Even people making graphics for Shauna it seems!

1 Like

Seeing the new-look bulletins, I kinda don’t like how they are different to RQLD/Metro. It, along with regular PRGs/Classifications make it stick out like a sore thumb. Should of kept the PRIME/GWN branding if they weren’t going to change the rest of graphics.

4 Likes

was the same as it always has been with Daniel Gibson, just now branded 7 news

1 Like

We’re talking some fonts and a tiny size difference with the lower third logo. The bulletins hardly stick out like sore thumbs. I do hope they make these tweaks but for the most part they follow the 7 News style as expected.

I also don’t think many here were expecting them to suddenly look like Sydney’s bulletin today. The relaunch already happened. This was just a name and logo change.

6 Likes

I think we can say that the graphics will eventually fall directly in line with metro Seven once any existing graphics systems are replaced/merged with Seven.
Perhaps when Seven moves to Eveleigh?

5 Likes

No video of 7 News Regional WA tonight. TBS still having issues. Lots of dead air, both sat and local!

Bit surreal hearing him say just 7.

I don’t think so. They might do an NBN and move Master control, perhaps Sydney for the bulletins formally known as Prime7 news, and Perth for those out west. There’s no point in them having it in Canberra. They could update graphics once 7Regional moves play out to NPC. Does anyone know when the current contracts with TBS will expire?

1 Like

Yes this is what I meant.

1 Like

I guess it’ll be possible for the Golden West (screw Seven West Media for ditching the reference), since there’s only one bulletin to produce.

For Regional NSW, ACT and VIC, it’ll be tricky, but we’ll see how Seven sorts out. Note that their Regional QLD sister never moved master control of the news from Maroochydore, given that those guys post-prod segments for the pre-recorded areas (and sometimes the Sunshine Coast on some Fridays) on a video editor of sorts before going to air.