7mate - Programs and Schedules

Who the fuck even finds this remotely funny? This can’t be an audience thing, there has to be a higher-up who likes the show and keeps renewing this crap.

Is he paying them for airtime?

2 Likes

The new seasons of Family Guy and American Dad that started on 7Mate this week also premiere next Wednesday 1 June on Disney Plus.

1 Like

Can I just say the timeslots are a bit rubbish, 9:45 and 10:15? Should’ve waited until Housos finished or pushed Housos back to later in 2022. Or ditch Simpsons or at least one or two of them, seeing all shows are already on 7flix from 6pm anyway.

1 Like

Interesting that 7 only have a 1 week window before new episodes are put on Disney+. I assume after the current 7/FOX deal expires, we can expect to see Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad and The Cleveland Show on Disney+ only.

1 Like

I do believe that’s the ultimate plan. Eventually all Disney and Fox shows will only been seen on Disney Plus.

2 Likes

Wonder if they’ll take back certain Fox content too, Seven’s contract (early 2018) must surely nearly be up? Fox doesn’t exist as a company anymore either, so they’d now have to go through Disney. As we’ve seen with Disney proper, they took all Walt Disney content behind Disney Plus (anything 7flix etc still airs is left-overs from their old deal still yet to expire) but kept selling shows and Touchstone, etc movies to 10 and Seven.

Maybe the big stuff like The Simpsons, Modern Family and blockbuster franchises such as Die Hard, Taken, Home Alone, etc might go to Disney Plus, but second-tier titles kept with Seven? Unless another network goes after Fox. However as it’ll now be under Disney (I presume) and Seven already have a seperate deal with them, would make sense/easier for Seven.

Just saw an ad on 7mate that they’ll be showing “Pizza Classics” on Wednesday at 9.45pm (after Housos). Looks like the early seasons from SBS too. Not sure if it is a once off, or few a few weeks.

1 Like

Awesome, Those first 3 seasons of Pizza were great.

1 Like

What about Family Guy?

1 Like

Moved to 10.15pm. Each animation except Simpsons moved a half hour later with Cleveland out of schedule.

2 Likes

So Bob’s Burgers is on Disney Plus a week after it airs on … Foxtel?

The Great North is produced by 20th TV… Yet it’s on Binge for some reason not Disney Plus.

Na I think Disney has first run Bobs Burgers.

1 Like

This is how it is I’m pretty sure:

The Simpsons - Disney
Bobs Burgers - Disney
Family Guy - 7Mate/ Disney a week later
American Dad - 7Mate/ Disney a week later

1 Like

Adventure Gold Diggers

Premiere

From Tuesday 21 June 9:30 PM

Adventure Gold Diggers follows three hardcore gold prospecting teams as they venture into dangerous and inhospitable territories across the country to unearth gold by hand and get rich quick.

Australia (Fredbird Entertainment)

Seems a tad strange, as it seems to have fallen away in the ratings, even the m/c key demos? Maybe @TV.Cynic can shed any light as to what Seven still see in Fenech? Seen Simpsons and Family Guy ranking on Wednesdays on 7mate (and 7flix earlier).

Now ridiculously late for a first run and RIP American Dad. Really bending over for Fenech. Maybe contractual/ deal?

1 Like

I’m watching Episode 1 of Housos Thong Warrior … wondering what is being censored with a rooster sound at 11.52 and at 12.16. Also at other times on the show

It’s not the f word .

kcoc backwards.

That’s not allowed on FTA tv in that timeslot ? Odd … I thought it was the Cu word.

Maybe they were just being funny with the cock/rooster graphic. The word has been used on The Project without censorship so I don’t think it’s a timeslot problem.

4 Likes