7mate - Programs and Schedules

Is a show like this first run for Seven Mate or do they air on Foxtel first ?

Season 15 of Family Guy will be starting this Thursday at 8:30pm, beginning with ‘The Boys in the Band’.

No it won’t.
Family Guy will go Thursday nights starting THIS week.
Movies on Mondays

1 Like

###Full Metal Jousting

From Monday 5 December at 11:00PM

The world’s toughest riders test their strength, skill and guts as they compete in the most dangerous sport in history. The competitors experience the first big hits of the competition and two face off in the first joust match up.

Slideshow is currently being replayed on 7mate at the moment, actually not a bad show… Denyer is a little bit how ya doing but I’ve had quite a few laughs already.

Also first time I’ve seen this, but 7mates seemingly new brand positioning has it as 'Best Channel in the World ever ’ - because I’m really more likely to watch it now that you said that. Not :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

They’ve been using that for quite a while.

1 Like

Hopefully Grant is getting royalties on those 7mate slideshow repeats! :wink:

Possibly Seven’s justification for not having a fulltime HD simulcast of the main channel (in most markets)? 7mate: “The Best Channel in the World Ever” in HD! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously, I have actually seen those promos and if anything they make me less inclined to watch 7mate.

I find that 7mate’s male angle that it takes in promotions cringy at best. No other channel positions itself towards it’s “demographic” so desperately like 7mate does.

Also since when have men flocked to watch shows on gold prospecting and pawn stores?

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with it IMO. If those programs weren’t reaching the demo, they wouldn’t still be showing them.

They’ve built a decent brand IMO.

1 Like

Watch The NFL Wildcard Playoffs Now and ESPN’s coverage of the AFC Showdown between Oakland and Houston is Amazing, Wait til NBC brings with their NFC Showdown between Seattle and Detroit later on.

###Ice Road Truckers - Season 6

From Tuesday 31 January at 9:00PM

For two months out of every year, a group of exceptional men find their way to the Canadian tundra to undertake one of the most dangerous jobs on earth. In the thick of winter, truckers in giant eighteen wheelers carry vital equipment and supplies to miners hundreds of miles away. In blizzard conditions, these truckers travel over ice roads that often take them over frozen lakes. Each man is trained in self survival, from fixing his truck in sub zero conditions in seconds to escaping from a truck if the ice cracks. On the other end of the journey are miners whose lives depend on the truckers making it to their base, year after year. The episodes will form a narrative arch - taking the viewer on a journey from when the experienced and novice truckers first sign up for the season, to the last truck making it back to base.

###Pawn Stars Australia - Season 1

From Wednesday 8 February at 8:30PM

Join brothers Aaron and Ben, and their mate Shanon as we take viewers head-first into one of Sydney’s most renowned pawn retailer chains “Happy Hockers” on Pawn Stars Australia. If it can be bought or sold the “Happy Hockers” have seen it and probably made an offer.

(Originally seen on Foxtel’s A&E)

###Aussie Pickers - Season 1

From Wednesday 8 February at 9:00PM

Adam McDonald and Lucas Callaghan travel the countryside, meeting collectors and hoarders. They pick through sheds and garages as they hunt down valuable antiques and collectables.

Once the picking is done, their haul is shipped back to Pickers HQ, where it is sold in a public auction, presided over by auctioneer Cecily Hardy.

(Originally seen on Foxtel’s A&E)

When you say originally on that channel is it now exclusive to 7 ? Why wouldn’t Foxtel want to keep those shows ?

I think both programs are having their free-to-air premieres on 7mate. Similarly to dramas like Suits, Chicago Fire and Grimm, which air first on Foxtel and months later on Seven.

1 Like

Seven have purchased the replay rights. All these episodes have been previously broadcast on Foxtel.

1 Like

###American Dad - Season 13

From Thursday 16 March at 7:30PM

Stan Smith works for the CIA and is constantly on the alert for terrorist activity. Stan will go to the extremes to protect his beloved America from harm.

In addition to Stan’s wife and teenage children, the Smith household has two rather unconventional members. There’s Roger, the sarcastic space alien who rescued Stan from Area 51 who deeply resents the fact that he’s not allowed to leave the house, and therefore, has been reduced to drinking wine and smoking cigarettes, and Klaus, a lascivious, German-speaking goldfish; the result of a CIA experiment gone seriously wrong.

Has Seven got the rights so firmly locked down that Netflix can’t even get repeat rights to old seasons?

I didn’t think Seven has the streaming rights to American Dad or Family Guy. I don’t recall seeing them on Plus7.

They stream it live on Plus7 though.