7Food Network

As expected

8 Likes

But the brand is understood to still be continuing under Seven.

That suggests thereā€™ll probably be a branded section on 7Plus which will house Food Network shows/content

Maybe the networks should hold off on creating new channels and try to fix the ones they currently have.

3 Likes

ā€¦or (re)launch MPEG4 HD versions of their existing multichannels. Which SBS has done with VICELAND/WORLD MOVIES, Nine did earlier this year with 9Gem and Seven is expected to do soon with 7mate.

Ten probably should do something like that by forgetting the idea of a 4th multichannel in favour of making 10 BOLD and/or 10 Peach in HD to go with the existing HD simulcast of the main channel, but thatā€™s for another thread.

7 Likes

Well, Ten havenā€™t really said much about their new channel - 10 MTV Australia.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure something is in the works at 10 to eventually launch a 3rd channel.

1 Like

Ten have said nothing. There was a story on one website, but no other outlets have followed it up with stories as usually happens when a rumour has some substance.

2 Likes

I think it was obvious 7food would be gone once the contract ended. A waste of time and money.

4 Likes

My sisters will be devastated. They love Guyā€™s Grocery Games. I hate it. The compulsory ingredients are often prepared food like frozen burritos or snack food like cheese & bacon balls.

1 Like

You might have to wait more than a couple of days after the merger.

1 Like

Nah, no-one followed up the story. Letā€™s just wait and see hey, Molkā€™s contacts are pretty reliable.

As if we need more reality tv crap on television.

3 Likes

Followed up, as in having more information, not just repeating what was in that story.

I will still have Food Network on the Fetch box but I donā€™t watch it now and probably still wonā€™t next year.

1 Like

A fair opinion but not the point you made that I was responding to

10 are in lockdown and not saying anything so thereā€™s nothing more to report. How about giving it a little while to see if his report was correct or not before assuming he was wrong.

1 Like

Apart from the odd Restaurant Impossible and Gordon Ramsay show, i dont watch 7food.

As discussed here numerous times, with the ratings the station has been getting, i dont blame them for closing down the station.

1 Like

Judging by what was said in the TV Tonight article, it doesnā€™t seem like the contract is ending though. Itā€™s just the Food Network content wonā€™t be housed on a dedicated channel

3 Likes

Yes, theyā€™ll cherry pick some content rather than pay the expensive contract to run all the content on a dedicated channel.

1 Like

Some might fit on 7TWO

4 Likes