7flix - Programs and Schedules

Since when?

Observed with an eagle eye a L&O promo for 7flix ‘Sundays’ (even though it’s been temporarily changed pushing the OG to very late and putting CI in early due to Blow Up bumped to this channel on Mondays and Tuesdays after its bad ratings - guessing the CI promo has been rested) that showed NYC’s OG World Trade Center (AKA Twin Towers), perhaps incidentally. It was featured in the first few seasons of SVU’s opening credits, until (for obvious reasons) it was removed. Also brings a tear to the that one.

Just checked Disney+ and no new FG/AD episodes yet. Why can’t life of series contracts be nixed?

2 Likes

It’s annoying. When i went to Ireland last year i got access to them on my disney account so binged them before i got back and lost them.

Upon channel surfing earlier… Not sure what the bitrate for 7flix is currently in Melbourne, but on broadcast the beginning of Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse looked horrible, including what seemed like a glitch with audio and picture right at the opening “Sony” logo (but that could’ve just been the TV I was using at the time). Not helped by this being a recent Hollywood animated blockbuster and the movie had fancy opening titles, so the quality did not compute!

But you’d think of all their channels, given they regularly air movies, predominantly Fridays & Saturdays and being a well established channel, they’d make 7Two and even 7Bravo a bit poorer quality and for this give some oomph to flix (save for 7HD and 7mateHD).

1 Like

Aren’t the glitches part of the movie lmfao

3 Likes

Oh LOL whoops! Still, my quality comment stands.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it recent, it was released in 2018

Looks like Seven has finally reacted to the poor* performance of the channel (*Mon-Wed particularly) since dropping The Simpsons (as well as questionable decisions such as Bondi Vet, more Gordon Ramsay and Blow Up - the latter may have been unavoidable however).

Sunday night’s comparatively better performing line-up (against bigger competition and a night therefore m/c often struggle), steady each week (more or less) and doing nearly 2% a few times in recent months will now be replicated on Mondays with CI > SVU x2 > L&O x2 from 7:30pm.

Meanwhile, Ramsay also dropped from Tuesdays with First Dates repeats and a movie added. While Ramsay marathon can now be seen on Wednesdays, with a single ep on Thursdays before a movie as usual.

Modern Family and Bondi Vet remain early evenings, while Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays largely unchanged. Will be interesting to see what happens, IMO it’s a better schedule, not ratings winning or anything amazing, but should, at least eventually do better. @TV.Cynic

1 Like

More Universal / Dick Wolf coming to broadcast (already on 7Plus and promoted), Chicago franchise to Thursday nights.

1 Like

I found out tonight they have added classic Law & Order to Mondays nights 22:30-00:30 in addition to the Sunday 23:30 airings since last night. So have missed two episodes from last night.

Amazing despite how many years of broadcast and marketing experience networks can fail in their communication with viewers.

2 Likes

Yes:

1 Like

Four months until the end of the year and no AD or FG yet. I’m pretty sure they won’t be airing on 7flix (or 7mate) anymore, despite life-of-series contracts with Disney.

1 Like

Not exactly sure, I do speculate that it may have been torn up in late March as that was when all the FOX animated shows abruptly ended on 7flix.

So that means they’ll be on Disney+ soon?

FG on Disney+ is still upto Season 20, AD is only upto Season 18, I think the new seasons may come out next year (2023)

Would the writer’s strike in the US have anything to do with episodes not airing on Seven? Seth MacFarlane has stepped away from production until a deal is reached with the writers.

I’m told it will premiere in a month on Seven and they do still have a life of series deal :slight_smile:

I wish Seven would axe it. Life-of-series deals are obsolete now that streaming is dominant.

I wouldn’t say LOS deals aren’t obsolete, even if streaming is dominant (FTA still has a decent size market). The Simpsons being Disney+ exclusive must have backfired if they came scrambling back to FTA, even if it is just reruns.