7flix - Programs and Schedules

Rare occurrence of 7flix having market variation, as seen tonight with “The Boy Next Door” movie in Perth (all other markets have “50 First Dates”).

Interestingly and perhaps oddly, Seven still made a promo (or it could’ve been on file) for the Perth movie, I checked their feed, despite only airing in one market and a small one (although highest 7flix programs in Perth do get around 40k-ish).

https://www.change.org/p/seven-network-channel-seven-to-trim-the-number-of-ads-per-hour-in-primetime?utm_campaign=fb_dialog&utm_medium=email&utm_source=signature_receipt#= Let’s get more People to sign my Petition for Less Ads between 10p.m. and 2a.m. on Seven.

How do you propose they make up for the lost revenue by doing so?

2 Likes

nope sorry i wont sign it and i disagree with you 100% it wont work and is a silly idea

Watching the S5 Finale of Once Upon a Time. Noticed they’ve spliced out portions of a scene to make the episode PG instead of M.

Injecting a needle into Regina’s arm, and the magical splitting of her from the Evil Queen (EQ “climbs” out of Regina) are apparently too violet, but Regina ripping out and crushing EQ’s heart is still in?

3 Likes

New Shows 7flix needs to air this Summer:

American Housewife
Speechless (Season 1 aired on Eleven But the last 2 Episodes)
Station 19
A Million Little Things
The Mayor And Alex Inc. (Both Cancelled after One Season)
And Maybe pick up new Episodes of The Goldbergs from Season 5 Onwards.

I’m not spending another summer with Boring Repeats Of Marathons Are Non-Ratings is a Tryout for new shows that air on ABC in America.

1 Like

I feel Seven just treat 7flix now as the ‘dumping ground’ for failures, re-runs, encores for ratings grabs, etc.

3 Likes

What’s stopping them from just dumping the seasons on 7 Plus of Speechless etc at least if it doesn’t rate on a multichannel leave it online only… probably get less revenue from it though.

Like The Goldbergs, could be just exclusive to 7Plus etc etc.

Do it for just the shows that have no audience on free to air.

1 Like

I thought Ten had Speechless or was that one of the shows they lost last year?

I think it was lost, it was airing then randomly just from memory, stopped a few episodes before the end of the season.

I think Seven’s social media dept. may have got the wrong info? They’re claiming the new “It” (released theatrically last year) is on tonight. But I’m sure it’s the second part of the original 1990 one (Part 1 aired last Monday)

1 Like

haha idiots.

2 Likes

1 Like

Found via the 7flix Facebook page in tribute to my older post, the “Fave Picks are on Flix” promo/ident!

In the fair dinkum department, just watched Shallow Hal on 7flix and Seven chops off the entire credits that show pictures of the crew and with went it the bulk of the song Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes). Staying in a B&B so just decided to watch it, just a shame Seven chopped it short.

2 Likes

Seven do that with all movies on multi-channels, unless they involve footage in the closing credits (recent example: “RV: Runaway Vacation” with Robin Williams & Co doing an ensemble Route 66 song performance). Main channel does that ‘red line’ split screen with a promo. Been doing this for a long time.

1 Like

MASH moved to 7flix? On tonight, now.

Seven’s programming changes are so sporadic lately it’s hard to follow.

NB/ I saw MASH rank in multi-channel total people a couple of weeks ago and it’d be higher again like on ONE and Seven’s former days if they didn’t keep moving. So not sure why it’s been moved from 7Two.

What was on 7flix last night? Surely that’s their highest share ever…

The Sound of Music?

Ok. Wow