7flix - Programs and Schedules

In the beginning it was mpeg4 and people complained they couldn’t get it on their old decoder MPEG2 tv and set top box :stuck_out_tongue: After that, then it became “a flick hit” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That makes sense on US Cable though, due to the timezones.

If it airs at 8pm and again at 11pm eastern time.
That second airing at 11pm falls exactly at 8pm pacific time.

Meaning both sides of the country can enjoy the same program at 8pm local time.

That same concept seems ridiculous on a free TV channel in Australia that is specifically tailored to local timezones.

3 Likes

@NQCQTV2 It’s not done that way for time zones, as Us cable networks have east and west coast feeds.

It’s done as you get multiple plays in a window for free

January arrives in exactly Three Weeks Time and Seven needs to Fix Flix’s Tuesday and Wednesday Schedule soon.

What’s on those days, repeats?

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Black…Ish

Not sure where else to post this, but as it’s to do with 7flix I figured this was probably the best place.

I’m wondering whether 7QLD might use 2 feeds for 7flix Regional QLD rather than just the 1 that we are aware of.

I live in Townsville, and 7flix there has always had Townsville based local ads on the channel despite the “Queensland” watermark in the corner, meaning that I had actually thought for a while that 7flix was running local feeds.
However over Christmas/New Year I’ve travelled south to Central Queensland to visit family and have noticed that the local 7flix channel also runs a complete feed of Townsville ads even though Townsville is 5 hours drive away from here.

I did some looking at the streaming links and noticed only 1 7flix link. I checked it and started streaming and compared its feed to the local 7flix feed here in Central Queensland and noticed that the ads differ.

I’m wondering whether 7QLD might run a “7flix North QLD” and “7flix South QLD” type setup with ads?

Do the adverts in the on-line stream match the NQ broadcast?

Seen tonight from Sunshine Coast

1 Like

No they don’t.

I have been watching the Big Bang Theory “marathons” on 7flix most nights.
While watching a couple of nights ago I loaded up the 7Flix Regional QLD live stream on my phone and compared, and they were indeed different adverts during the ad break.

In Townsville on 7flix, I only ever seen local ads, mixed in with the occasional ad about a retirement village in the Wide Bay region. I’ve never seen any ads on 7flix that make any reference to Cairns, Mackay, Rockhampton, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, etc.

Although, we do still get that same sponsor board for Wade Sawmill on high rotation.

When I get a chance over the next few days, I’ll try and record the FTA version of 7Flix and compare it against the Reg QLD 7Flix in a video to show the differences, if any.

The Goldbergs are also back to 7:30 Tuesday’s, Yay! But back to Re-airing them from the Start. Boo!!!

###Grandfathered

From Sunday 5 February at 10:45PM

Successful restaurateur and man-about-town Jimmy Martino (John Stamos) is used to being the most suave, most handsome and most single person in the room. All that changes with the surprise appearance of Jimmy’s adult son, Gerald (Josh Peck) and his baby daughter, Edie. Now Jimmy has to unlearn a lifetime of blissful selfishness and grapple with the fact that he went straight from single to grandfather in six seconds flat.

11:30 for Next Monday is Vacant, Could this Mean How to get away with Murder is Returning??

When’s new greys anatomy returning? I haven’t seen it in the guides and it’s back in all new episodes in the states.

According to David Knox at Tvtonight, apparently it’s returning in March.

Idea for Grandfathered, Move it to Saturday Nights after the 8::30 Movie, And The Goldbergs need to Speed Up the Process in airing Seasons 1 and 2 and go Straight into Season 3 and 4. by airing Four Episodes in a Row.

Buried at 10.45 on a Sunday night… on 7flix… must be a great show?? :thinking:

3 Likes

It was, But Fox cancelled it after One Season.

We Need Less Big Bang and More Goldbergs and Black_Ish on Tuesday Nighs.

2 Likes

Any Information on when Seven will Fix 7flix?

define “fix”?

5 Likes