1 Like

What cities have a 730 set? Just Melb, Syd and Canberra?

Only Sydney has a proper 7.30 set - in Canberra they use the Parliament House studio and in Melbourne I think they’ve only ever used a greenscreen with the Sydney set keyed in (in recent years at least)? The times David Speers has presented in the past have been from Sydney IIRC.

Realistically with the set refreshes nationally they could probably quite easily do it from any capital city if they wanted to.

Wouldn’t the 7m news be the issue here? When they do it from Melbourne, it’s not from the news studio but another smaller one.

David is in Melbourne on Monday for Q+A (stepping in for Stan Grant).

There are ways of managing the transition if they wanted to (not that I think they want to…)

Is 7.30 coming out of Melbourne tonight?

Canberra

1 Like

Strange you would think Tingle would just present the whole week from Sydney like yesterday.

Caps from last night

1 Like

Watched the show last night and caught the closer. The graphics look more like a glacier melting off an iceberg and looks more like a lifestyle show rather than the flagship current affair program.

Hopefully a refresh is due soon.

1 Like

I feel like this show needs a new set and graphics refresh? Watching it yesterday just comes across as stale. Ditch the colour palette and try something a bit more authoritative.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s long overdue. 7.30 must be the last set nationally not to have received a refresh?

The set is 12 years old (with some updating of course) and the graphics are 5 years old. Now that Sarah is bedded in as host they need to launch a fresh brand/set around her.

3 Likes

Probably bit hard however to go sacking all these people then spend millions on a new set. Not a great look so perhaps wait until next year.

Excited to be delivering my first story for ABC. Please tune in on Monday at 7.30. https://t.co/JN4NzuQDjx

— Adele Ferguson (@adele_ferguson) July 14, 2023

Next week on #abc730, @adele_ferguson presents a special investigation into the Big Four consulting firms. Tune in on ABC TV and ABC iview. pic.twitter.com/VpTth8aRkO

— abc730 (@abc730) July 14, 2023
1 Like

The special investigations are good, and what the show should invest more in, seems to have been an increase in fluffy stories lately. However I understand they have just sucked a few investigative reports.

Sarah Ferguson interviews Sir Paul McCartney

1 Like

is this the guy from FourFiveSeconds?

3 Likes

Laura Tingle is presenting this week.