Yeah this show is becoming too niche. Add in the crappy host and it’s definitely not a must-watch any more.

1 Like

Clubs NSW drops defamation case against ABC

Clubs NSW has dropped its defamation case against the ABC and has been ordered by the NSW Supreme Court to pay the national broadcaster’s legal costs of $40,000.
It is an embarrassing back down for the organisation, which initiated proceedings after ABC 7.30 reported claims made by former rock star and federal minister Peter Garrett that someone from Clubs NSW handed him an envelope of cash —
containing “hundreds, if not thousands of dollars” — at a function after he was elected in 2004. Mr Garrett later amended his allegations. He changed his story to suggest the envelope was not full of cash, rather a cheque.

Former Prime Minister Tony Abbott speaks with Leigh Sales

Former Prime Minister Toby Abbott joins Leigh Sales LIVE in the 7.30 studio tonight for a one-on-one wide-ranging interview.

Hopeless Abbott tonight. He’s replaced boats with guns. “We stopped the guns”

7:30 Friday axed, replaced with a new Stan Grant show.

1 Like

What is the ABC thinking? First it axed the state/territory edition of 7.30 and now the Friday edition is gone as well?!

Well, 7:30 is dying anyway with niche story selection and the horrible interviewing style of Leigh Sales, who in my opinion is a terrible presenter. After a big promotional push recently, not surprised to see the next step being a cutback.

But, obviously, the move is designed to give Stan Grant a platform too (and hopefully replace Leigh at some point).

1 Like

7.30 have adopted the Canberra desk from tonight.

That looks awful.

I’m not particularly fond of this new 7.30 desk either. What was wrong with the one they had before?

Personally I hope 7.30 will get a proper On-Air Presentation refresh next year along with the news, but I’m certainly not holding my breath for that to happen.

Caps from tonight

1 Like

that set is so dark and depressing. looks like a cave.

1 Like

The desk is terrible and looks like it’s facing the wrong way.

1 Like

So much wrong with this show at present. It needs a complete overhaul.

1 Like

I’m more concerned with her hair. Yikes. Brush much?

1 Like

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull speaks with Leigh Sales tonight

Tonight on 7.30 on ABC

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull joins Leigh Sales in the 7.30 studio tonight to talk about the US refugee resettlement deal and to discuss whether our political leaders in Australia are in touch with the issues that most matter to Australian voters.

Leigh has lost the plot.

That was actually the most woeful 10 minutes of interview I’ve ever seen in my life.

That it was with the Prime Minister of this country, is inexcusable.

Apparently, Leigh’s take home message from the Brexit vote, and the US Presidential election, is that politicians are out of touch with community sentiment and therefore, why is Turnbull not enacting euthanasia laws, as a poll recently put support at 70%.

She persisted with this bizarre line of questioning, jumping down rabbit holes, until Turnbull finally had to state the obvious point - that it is often political pundits and elite media like the ABC that are out of touch. There is no community hunger for euthanasia laws. That there is support for something, doesn’t necessarily mean it is a priority for voters, or an area in which they demand change. It is simply an expression of opinion.

She then weirdly went on a rant about some Government backbenchers talking about section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act, and Turnbulls desire for an inquiry. Are Australians really talking about this at the kitchen table, she earnestly inquired, not realising it completely contradicted her point about euthanasia laws. Turnbull stated it was in fact the elite media, like the ABC, constantly obsessing over this issue. Which silenced Leigh, knowing full well we had half a programme last week dedicated to an interrogation of Triggs of the HRC.

So, one day, Leigh thinks Triggs has serious questions to answer about the application of section 18C by the HRC…but by Monday, she thinks it is an issue that some backbenchers have even raised it as a concern. Never mind the fact we actually had a court determine a related high profile matter just last week, and The Australian cartoon complaint was withdrawn today.

Seriously stupid.

Then, Leigh asked why wasn’t Turnbull instead focusing on issues that really matter to Australians - a 40% increase in the female suicide rate (never mind the fact the male rate is astonomically high in comparison and has been persistently so), and the fact the average Australian female uses all of her take home pay on child care each week (probably the most factually incorrect statement ever to be uttered on 7:30, or Australian television).

Leigh - the message from the two votes, in my opinion. Centre right wing politicians like Turnbull are not out of touch. Ranty left wing media participants, at state propaganda broadcasters like the ABC and BBC, are out of touch.

Leigh seriously needs to be removed from this programme. That was amateur hour.

1 Like

Crowded House’s Neil Finn & Nick Seymour speak with Leigh Sales

Tonight on 7.30 on ABC & iview

Crowded House members Neil Finn and Nick Seymour join host Leigh Sales tonight on 7.30 for a wide-ranging interview ahead of Sunday night’s highly anticipated event, Crowded House Live at Sydney Opera House.

1 Like

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull speaks with Leigh Sales tonight: ABCC bill

The show will take a break in the final week of the year, just like last year, according to ABC schedules thread.