6iX Perth

Seems odd that 6IX is on 2kW but 6PR is on 10kW

I think that was because at the last LAP review in early 2000s, 6iX opted for FM translators, but 6PR opted for a power increase on AM only.

Interestingly, the ACMA initially proposed that both stations move their main AM transmitters to Hammersley on the north side of the river (near the ABC transmitters) and adopt AM translators on the south side of the river - 6iX was to be 1269 AM north and 1080 south, 6PR was to be 882 north and 1530 south, all at 2kw I think.

1 Like

6iX is now streaming again!

Source: 6iX Facebook

2 Likes

Yay!

I have missed not being able to listen to 6iX.

Not very well though (or perhaps that’s what the station actually sounds like :grinning:)

http://www.capitalradio.net.au/stream/6ix.html

“Forever Buffering: 6IX”.

1 Like

What happen to gordon Obyrne 6ix morning announcer
Mike Parry takes over the morning shift from Jan

Retired? Old? Pensioned off?

Was he afforded a goodbye?

Is the Mike Parry who does mornings on 6iX the same Mike Parry who was the Program Director of the WA newspapers stations (Spirit and Red FM)?

one would think so

6ix Perth is looking for a new breakfast host with Tim Gossage resigning last month

1 Like

If two of the industry’s tightest operators, Janet and Kevin opened their chequebooks, they would discover the station would rate better by spending money on talent. Tim and the female journalist now working in Melb for quite some time were a good pairing but lacked the promotional clout as the owners don’t spend money.

What is Tim doing now/for 2019? Still working for 10?

3 Likes

Yes 6iX is under performing compared to 4KQ and Cruise. There’s no reason it shouldn’t be as successful, especially as they have the slight advantage with FM translators in the northern and southern suburbs.

1 Like

6ix hasn’t been successful since the 80,s when they had the “easy Rollin” music format

2 Likes
2 Likes

Was Burgo still hosting it at present?

Tim Gossage after Burgo. Began as a duo with for Nova newsreader Madeline Burke. Maddy now works for ARN Melb in the newsroom. Tim stayed on for years on his own.

What became of their GM Evan Broadway, did he go to real estate like so many?

Lots of 96fm talent out of work thanks to ARN, would’ve thought IX could’ve signed a duo of them for breakfast.

3 Likes

Who would like the Forever Classic app to relaunch with 6iX streaming in it?

3 Likes

Yes. I am surprised for a station that promotes Alexa and DAB availability a lot, they dont have an app ( cant see 1 in Play Store anyway).

Or roll a stream into a combined Capital Radio app. Of course, Capital have been quite stubborn with steaming previously. Tune In or streaming from 6ix.com.au works at least.

Add a Perth wide FM service to do their playlist and talented DJs justice. We could see a ratings jump at 6ix, 1 day.

If 6IX were to convert to FM across Perth (which we know won’t happen), the temptation to change format to compete with Mix would probably be too great, with them being way ahead and not really having a direct competitor.

1 Like