63rd TV Week Logie Awards 2023

Yet, the AACTA Awards went from Sydney to the Gold Coast from next year onwards. So its a tie now? Lol.

https://twitter.com/7NewsSydney/status/1632644839375515648

From memory, GTV9 produced it in-house.

2 Likes

logies_2023_0002

to whoever designed this logoā€¦ it looks like ā€œLOGEā€ :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Next to none news articles since early March. So thought id ask in hereā€¦ (thereā€™s not even an official Logies websiteā€¦)

With the 2023 Logies being just over two month away, do we have any details of the upcoming ceremony? We know it will be in Sydney, but has a venue been locked in yet? Theatre centres at either Star City or Darling Harbour?

I wonder what the timeframe is for show/cast to be nominated? Is it May 2022 until April 2023? Thinking Networks put in their submissions this month to the Logies organisers, and the nominations come out in early to mid June? Recent Dramas like 10ā€™s North Shore and SBSā€™ Safe Home would probably be considered for next year? I hope shows that aired mid last year (like The Twelve) arenā€™t forgotten.

Looking at last years awards, i do hope that they get rid of the ā€œMost Popular Australian Actor or Actress in an International Programā€. Its such an unnecessary award. And that they put forward The Front Bar into the Entertainment category rather than the News Panel category. I canā€™t see the Sports Program award coming back anytime soon.

Any host been rumoured to host?

3 Likes

TV Week will announce nominations at an industry event at 7.15am AEST Monday June 19 in Sydney.

3 Likes

Finally, a date for the nominations announcement.

Live during Sunrise, i imagine? I wonder if ā€œKochieā€ will be nominated for an award? His last hoorah.

Sonia ā€œeverywhereā€ Kruger was up for the Gold last year for being on almost every Seven show the year before, but has been relatively quiet since then, so i highly doubt sheā€™ll be up for an award.

2 Likes

Rumour has it that Sam Pang will be the host. If true, then a good choice. Pangā€™s comedy style is suited to the Logies.

12 years without a host? Thatā€™s a long time.

9 Likes

I hope so. He was hilarious last year with the small piece he did.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s actually a solid suggestion for returning a host, wonder if they could do a gag with his pals from either or both hit shows (Mick Molloy & Andy Maher and Tom Gleisner & Ed Kavalee).

1 Like

the one he did when he accepted the logie on behalf of Kitty?

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s the one

1 Like

I was going to say Sam Pang and Chrissie Swan should host but 7 probably wouldnā€™t want a 10 personalty hosting. (Samā€™s with 10 and 7)

Theyā€™ve allowed that to happen before though.

2 Likes

The TV Tonight article was used as a question on Have You Been Paying Attention? (it was recorded yesterday afternoon)

https://twitter.com/HYBPA/status/1668212067722199041

6 Likes

Funny clip.

Sam said that ā€œI can confirm the rumour is trueā€ and that Tom is to sit at ā€œtable 257ā€. Not much else was added.

Please make it true.

1 Like

Sam Pang confirmed as host. Great to see that the role of host has been returned.

14 Likes

Nominations announced Monday.
Any predictions?

The usual for gold. Think seven will push Bondi Vet even tho itā€™s for his work at ten or maybe ten have the say and wonā€™t even put him up

Kochie for Gold.

4 Likes