61st TV Week Logie Awards 2019

Must’ve worn out the tape.

1 Like

This feels weird without The Kings of Comedy. Can someone link it to me?

1 Like

I wonder if Tom could have ended his TV career after last nights speech? We all know the TV industry takes itself very seriously and to trash the biggest award like that might not go down well.

On the other side of the planet and absolutely pissing myself laughing. I’m so glad Tom won.

lot of overreacting going on here and online at the cursed website, twitter dot com, particularly from first-rate wanker MrTVAus having a crack because of his frustrations at the winner.

The Logies won’t care about Gleeson winning. It’s the most attention the awards have received in the lead up in a few years and the speech will be front and centre through the morning on news sites, FM radio shows etc.

The worst thing is seeing people try and pretend it damages the credibility of the Logies. It’s a popularity contest (and even that bit is flawed) dressed up as an awards show.

4 Likes

Ah yes. The credible Gold Logie.

And having a go at a mediaspy doyen as well, not good form

But he was drinking apparently, as if that’s an excuse :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Ahh the “I had a few cheeky glasses of penfolds” excuse

2 Likes

You’ll probably find Tom doesn’t care.
His whole shtick is that sort of comedy, might mean a few people are reluctant to do Hard Chat. Never know, you might find some people in the room actually agree with him. Or want to go on segments like Hard Chat to try and pick him apart.

1 Like

Any old dickhead is aware dickhead is one word!
Is Mr TV the guy that hashtags shit that isn’t relevant to his tweet in the hope that someone will pay attention to him on the irrelevant website known as Twitter dot com?

8 Likes

The very one!

2 Likes

brb gonna raid him

edit: he has deleted the tweet. I love his fragility and his short-temperedness so much

4 Likes

Neighbours only received 6 nominations because UK viewers could vote. It didn’t stand a chance once the voting loophole was fixed and a truer reflection of how many Australians actually watch Neighbours came into play.

The first half of the telecast was well paced but it all hit the skids after that. No idea why presenters needed to introduce each nominee prior to a video package introduced the nominees. Cut that out and you save 30-40 mins.

2 Likes

well i won’t be watching the Logies anymore!

1 Like

But by fixing the loophole they allowed people to vote for someone who was solely out to take the piss. I know people who voted for Tom who have never voted before and haven’t watched a logies telecast in 15 years.

I know in recent years there’s been a lot of social media campaigns to get the gold but I actually feel sorry for people who genuinely earned it in the past, such as Don Lane, Bert Newton, Lisa McCune, Ray Martin etc. Yes I know that even back then the channels were filling out TV Week nomination forms, but these people actually respected the award and were very proud to win it.

4 Likes

Who is it? It’s not ringing a bell.

No small loss. :stuck_out_tongue: To them anyway. :rofl:

But why did the loophole need fixing? It should be open to all fans of the show IMO. Feel sad for Eve & Ryan who did an outstanding job and get no recognition.

Written by someone who is not a fan of the Logies.

1 Like

At least both sides were considered in this article.

2 Likes