61st TV Week Logie Awards 2019

I don’t disagree with those but there are some worthy contenders on the other networks too in drama and other genres.

If it doesn’t involve cooking and/or people bitching at one another…

i must agree we have the same tastes in some regard. i prefur drama over reality tv any time. the only reason why im watching master chef is cause there is alocal from here in ballarat in it. but in saying that i have also enjoyed what ten has been offering in drama ie five bedrooms and mr black .did u watch wentworth and aptch on foxtel???

I watched the first couple of episodes of Mr Black but it wasn’t my cup of tea. Have heard good things about Five Bedrooms but haven’t watched it. Perhaps I’ll add it to my list. Not a fan of cooking shows but did watch Ten’s Survivor last year because it wasn’t as drawn out as previous years and I was happy to watch a couple of episodes a week.

I don’t subscribe to Foxtel but have access to their productions through family members who do.

1 Like

It got much better as the series went along.

1 Like

Hopefully Jonathan Coleman from Studio 10.

I wouldn’t mind seeing him get behind the channel Ten traffic reporter to try and get her the Gold. They nominate weathermen these days so why not a traffic reporter?

2 Likes

Haha, Vic Lorusso (or whoever does 10 News First Sydney traffic these days) for Gold! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Although if we’re going to suggest that random local news personalities should be up for a Gold Logie, there’s really only one person in Sydney (and on Nine) who deserves the trophy…

1 Like

Mark Burrows. Good choice!

5 Likes

He can start his campaign at next year’s The Sydney Royal Easter Show.

2 Likes

Hahaha, Vic Lorusso (or any traffic reporter) for Gold.

And then any Lotto Presenter for the Gold in 2021.

2 Likes

Karen Pini for the Hall of Fame next year. Start the campaign now Tom.

3 Likes

maybe the cash cow?

Surely Sky after dark deserves a Logie to be the icing on the cake or their irrelevance.

1 Like

Tom should start a consultancy and offer his services to the highest bidder - network or individual.

3 Likes

who’s Tim?

Hopefully they can pump out his campaign ads on Prime.

Tam’s brother?

3 Likes

On another note, here are some changes I would suggest should happen for the 2020 Logies:

• Only have 2 musical acts at the awards.
  • Awards to get rid of: Outstanding Reality Program; Outstanding Entertainment Program; Most Popular Commercial
  • Reinstate Outstanding Comedy Program
  • Add more candidates to the popular awards, particularly the acting and presenter awards.

Have the Popular Presenter award to only have main hosts listed. Have a secondary award in the like of “Most Popular Supporting Presenter”. People in this new award to include the likes of

• Sports, Entertainment and Weather presenters from breakky/daytime tv
  • segment presenters bar from lifestyle shows like Better Homes & Gardens; The Living Rooms and Gardening Australia
  • some judges from Reality Tv (etc)

Supporting Presenters can NOT be listed for the Gold Logie (just like the New Talent stars). Just main presenters, actors and actresses.

4 Likes

Tom Gleeson needs a new hobby as this will start to get boring. Stefanovic may be in his sights for a Gold campaign next year, I’m guessing.