60th TV Week Logie Awards 2018

In the end, Nine didn’t seem to get any advantage being the host broadcaster of the awards. Ten the biggest winner on the night, blitzing the most popular categories as well as a most outstanding win. Creditable performances by Foxtel and SBS. ABC down on its usual haul.

Winners/nominees list:

4 Likes

I’m only 30 mins in, and honestly can’t continue. Tony Martin is fucking ridiculous and inappropriate. Between Hamish & Andy, and Shane Jacobsen and now Denyer beating the likes of the other nominees, I can’t bring myself to go on.

We say it every year, but what a fucking joke.

Watching the logies on delay due to being in WA. Stage design is nice. I’m in the minority as I love tony martin’s voiceovers. Bringing a bit of fun to it.

Also, i’ll say it again. Julia Morris to host for gods sake. That musical number is the highlight of the night and should have been the opening act.

3 Likes

Ten doesn’t spend time promoting their shows but wastes plenty of time on Logie awards.

5 Likes

Logies really needs a massive revamp or axed. Hopefully the ratings will be <800k.

And what happened to that show that normally follows the Logies? That tradition is dead.

2 Likes

Kings of Comedy? It’s probably considered too offensive now and they’ll get complaints.

1 Like

Lol at Tony Martin at the end, something like:

“I’m off with Lachy Hume for champagne and pingers”

Wtf :joy:

3 Likes

From what I can tell, Nine only won 2.5 (I say that, because Jessica Marais’ was for her performance on both Love Child & The Wrong Girl on Ten) Logies tonight? That’s possibly the 2nd worst Logies night for them since that year (which I’m pretty sure was during the dark days of Nine in the Late 2000s) when they only won one!

If the quality of the content/telecast was anything to go by, I’m left with the overall impression that this year’s Logies very well might end up being one of the last.

I think they finished the traditional post-Logies replays of that series last year.

1 Like

Congratulations from Ten.

1 Like

Everyone shocked Tracey Grimshaw or Amanda Keller didn’t win I think. Grant was always the smokey though. He seemed a lot brighter than earlier in the night, that first speech oh dear

I’m glad Grant won. His speech was very emotional and well done. I wonder how the result might have gone if they didn’t have this extra week of voting.

5 Likes

Tony Martin was great!!
JMo or Micallef really should be the long term host.
And, if they’re going for that tone, get Tom Gleeson on instead of Hughes and actually have him roast people properly instead of listening to a bloke stumbling over how much he loves Don Burke.

7 Likes

Have to wonder if the whole thing should be peer/industry voted. Of a panel of people like the Oscars. The public vote never really reflects the longevity or talent in most cases. Just looking at the winners of the peer voted categories vs the public voted shows this.

4 Likes

Bert Newton commenting on his Logies speech:

(Behind paywall)

2 Likes

Julia Morris again providing the sole highlight of the night. Hughesy was dreadful and so was Bert I’m sorry to say.

The camerawork was also horrendous.

For the first time in years i switched off before the end of the show.

2 Likes

You weren’t alone.

It’d be very interesting to see a ratings breakdown somewhere tomorrow, probably confirming audiences dwindled as the show rolled on

They were invited. They knew they would be accepting the award for Gogglebox, if it won. They chose to dress like they were at home watching it on the couch. No wonder they weren’t invited back to accept the award this year.

According to this, Foxtel dont allow them to go:

1 Like

Thought this was a confrontation at first before realising Sonia wanted a photo with Sylvia.

1 Like