60th TV Week Logie Awards 2018

Well that story was just before they did let them go because they did accept it last year. They may have reverted to that policy this year.

Once upon a time you could almost certainly pick the winners as they were the shows and personalities that were currently most popular. Now it comes down to the most successful campaigns and who can be bothered chasing votes

5 Likes

Grant Denyer on Sunrise after 8am this morning.

1 Like

I think you will find its one of Tracey’s previous faces they were using :wink: I think this one got replaced with a new one in 2016

2 Likes

I wonder why they bother. There appears to be absolutely no evidence winning a Logie translates to ratings success. Or even long term career success. It certainly doesn’t hurt career prospects but you’ve got to wonder why networks go so hard.

4 Likes

Goes to show how much the Australian TV industry has declined when Grant Denyer can win the gold logie! I’m thankful Tracey Grimshaw didn’t win, but I think Amanda Keller was a much better candidate.

2 Likes

Four Corners is already in the Hall of Fame.

2 Likes

I’ve go no problem with 60 minutes being in the hall of fame, i think its warranted after 40 years.

Neigbours
Home and Away
Play School
Four Corners

I believe are all in it?

4 Likes

Yes that is correct. It is an icon but unlike the other shows, it has disgraced itself in recent years getting Mark Latham on as a guest report to harass Julia Gillard. And the kidnapping debacle.

1 Like

Behind The News has been on air for 50 years and deserves some recognition. Maybe next year they could do a program and a person. Just keep the presentation shorter because it did run quite long.

6 Likes

Duane Hatherley, Foxtel’s Director of Production.

Last year was better, Grant winning was good, gave good speech. Poor Bert, I love him but it went on a bit nice surprise though. Tony Martin was good, Dave Hughes was okay, but they can’t keep it on the GC too many people didn’t go and it lacked much celebrity buzz.

Also STOP HAVING SO MANY MUSICAL PERFORMANCES. That’s what drags it out.

2 Likes

I heard this morning that Gold Coast has it for four years

Think they need to do more than that considering the ceremony went for more than four hours even though the amount of categories was reduced

1 Like

Reduce the length of ad breaks?

1 Like

So true, at one stage 32min had elapsed between awards (with ads / musical act) :open_mouth:

1 Like

I think it was unfair news bulletins tonight singled out Bert, just saw a headline story solely focusing on Bert.

What about Julia poking PC police fun at the “Me Too” movement? No mention of that (yet)

1 Like

For all of Nine’s coverage of the Logies throughout the day, the only interview I’ve seen with the Gold Logie winner was on the local news.

4 Likes

Well her joke was telling people that it was not alright to do that whereas Bert’ s was like he was almost condoning sexually harassment disguised as mentoring.

6 Likes

It was, but she stylised it into a very humorous mood and it was so over the top (I’m not saying that isn’t classic Julia Morris), but a viewer may think she was taking the piss and making it light hearted, potentially conveying that it’s political correctness gone mad.

I think there were mang of ways that would’ve been better, starting with not touching on it at all (no pun intended)!