60th TV Week Logie Awards 2018

They’ll get him to host Pointless or something

Isn’t he signed to the network? Apparently there’s some new show he will be hosting.:roll_eyes:

All these nominations are a bit yuck. Australian tv is really at a crossroads. There isn’t much quality out there to be honest.

Sully how do you think we should celebrate the industry? Are the AACTA awards enough or would you like to see something new. I know Australia loves tall poppy syndrome but I do think our tv industry deserves a night of nights to celebrate its enduring success, the popularity of local programs and efforts lots of people make when putting a tv show together.

This negativity is so sad. Wentworth, A Place to Call Home, Top of the Lake, Romper Stomper, Safe Harbour, Doctor Doctor, Four Corners, Home and Away- all are comparable in quality to their overseas counterparts and I would argue moreso in some cases.

4 Likes

Yeah, sure. Just tear down an industry stalwart of 60 years because your favourites weren’t nominated.

And the Victorian Government always makes the right decisions on everything. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Some people have high expectations. Haven’t you seen him tear down certain networks just because they show ‘rubbish’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Articles shocked about how Waleed and Carrie not nominated etc… Think Ten were busy with other stuff while voting was happening. both the Ten nominees have radio programs to spruik themselves on.

1 Like

People feel they’ve been rewarded. Now they’re just doing their job and we don’t reward status quo

no mention of MasterChef this year. Sad. :wink:

channel 9 already making “Vote Tracy” promo material. I wonder how Rodger and Jessica feel?

Perhaps people were voting for Pete Hellier and Lisa Wilkinson this year too and split the vote for the show.

1 Like

I do hope Wentworth does well with its nominations. I only recently caught up with last year’s series but I think Kate Atkinson as Vera Bennett is very deserving for a win.

4 Likes

You’re forgetting Channel Seven’s biggest personality who if nominated for the Gold Logie would probably win in a landslide (and in the process, cause a glorious amount of controversy) - the Cash Cow

One somewhat forgotten aspect of this year’s awards is that voting for all the ‘popular’ categories ‘resumes’ in the week leading up to the ceremony which means if you thought the voting promotions were bad enough - it’s going to be nothing compared to the (likely) ‘Vote Tracy’ and ‘Vote Amanda’ campaigns Nine and Ten will unleash in a few weeks…

1 Like

Who forgot it? That’s all we’ve been talking about all afternoon.

1 Like

Quite a lacklustre nominations list. Tracy Grimshaw is warm favourite to win the Gold Logie.
Foxtel will be chuffed Andrew Winter gets nominated for the big award too.
The extension of nomination period means several shows which aired in the first quarter of 2018 got nominated: Romper Stomper, Safe Harbour, Hughesy We Have a Problem etc. But there were some omissions as well: Neighbours, AFL and NRL Footy Show and The Voice.

Based on what?

So there’s no Best News Panel or Current affairs program category in the 2018 Logies?

Probably tried to vote for them in the reality category with the way Dailymail are obsessed with them.

There is a MOST OUTSTANDING NEWS COVERAGE OR PUBLIC AFFAIRS REPORT category. Also a MOST OUTSTANDING FACTUAL OR DOCUMENTARY PROGRAM.

There are no “Best” categories any more. There are no separate “Most Popular” category for news, current affairs, sport, factual or children’s programs. Only industry awards for these genres.

3 Likes

Nope. They are lumped into entertainment, which is what i was complaining about the other day.