6 News Australia

I’ve made sure it never goes over content! Looks awful when it does.

3 Likes

Good bit of advice for Darby would be to speak naturally, he doesn’t need to impersonate this TV show idea of an anchor man.
“Goooood Evening Daaarby Travers with the latest.”
Like people don’t speak like that naturally, relax a little and it’ll come across much nicer.

12 Likes

You sure about that? ALL the vision you used for the border headline was filmed by Nine’s crew.

1 Like

Haha well…this was sent to me by a Nine journo when they were working there - who said I could use it as my own. So that’s a bit different lol.

5 Likes

Hey everyone, I know a few of you commented on our use of network footage in our bulletins (including @SA_TV, @Frankie, @littlegezzybear & @OnAir) so here’s a look at the all of the network footage - or lack of - that we used in our latest bulletin.

Opener: No network footage, other than ACA - which was credited - and Iran State TV;
Vaccine Race: All network footage - and Qantas footage - is credited, other than that it’s stock footage;
Aussie Freed: Iran State TV & press conference footage;
Repatriation Flight: Our own footage;
Tassie Reopening: Stock footage;
Queensland Border: Our own, stock footage & a bit of credited network footage;
Queensland Heatwave: Stock footage
Telstra Fine: Our own footage;
US Election: Press Conference footage;
Maradona Dies: Images only, used by networks all throughout the coverage of his death;
China Tariffs: Stock & press conference footage;
Mega Spider: Image only;
Closer: Iran State TV footage;

Thoughts?

5 Likes

Looks good.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realCarrickRyan/status/1333235754202320899?s=19

This guy must not know about 6 News.

3 Likes

Our latest bulletin - featuring a fair bit of breaking news on the Fraser Island Bushfire.

What are your thoughts?

5 Likes

Yes, yes. News. Definitely not just an ad for Sky…

2 Likes

Oh come on. We’ve covered plenty of media news before - including the 7 upfronts - what makes you think we are advertising for Sky?

3 Likes

And? We did similar stuff for 7’s upfronts. I don’t get your point honestly

2 Likes

Some exciting news…over Summer, 6 News Australia will be launching a morning news bulletin!

The bulletin will have a dedicated focus on breaking news, something extremely important during the bushfire season - which we’ll have special coverage on.

We’re also planning to present at least 1 morning bulletin on location - and with a different member of our team!

This won’t mean the end of our Sunday bulletin - that will continue too!

More to come in the next few days…

14 Likes

Great news!

You should consider doing it as a YouTube live video from 11:30am-12:00pm so it goes head to head with Seven and Nine’s morning news.

6 Likes

Best of luck but I hope you have little to report upon on that front.

1 Like

Oh same!

2 Likes

A massive bulletin tonight - 3 crosses to begin the bulletin, all covering the latest breaking news on the Sydney COVID cluster - with plenty of up-to-date information.

Check it out!

4 Likes

We just launched a brand new 6 News bulletin, bringing you the latest up-to-date news!

Plus, a SPECIAL REPORT on one woman trapped overseas who can’t see her partner in NSW - our reporter interviewed her EXCLUSIVELY.

Thoughts?

5 Likes

Wollongong appears to mean the Wollongong City Council local government area.

1 Like

That Connor is really good (though persons trapped overseas stories have sorta run their course now, they’re dime a dozen), and Jack is great too… though I always thought Wollongong was considered to be greater Sydney.

1 Like