4ME

Horrible that money isnā€™t being made? If these shopping were successful it wouldā€™ve meant more shopping channels, and more shopping channels equals less bandwidth for normal channels. Something has to give and Iā€™m sorry that 6 people have lost their job.

More jobs can be created by utilising that bandwidth for better purposes ie HD

So 4ME will continue in non-regional areas?

nope its closed down everywhere

Iā€™m pretty sure that 4ME has only ceased transmission in Prime7 regions. Still on air in Sydney (and I presume all capital city/regional QLD markets that get Seven O&O stations) right now.

Iā€™m looking for some confirmation of when they will be taking off 4ME on channel 74 in Metro Areas. I know it will happen, just need to know when. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!

1 Like

Apparently at the end of this month, if you want to believe info (operators of the channel paying Seven to broadcast 4ME up until the end of May) thatā€™s been posted to the Austech forums.

Although somehow, I would not be terribly surprised if thereā€™s another home shopping channel out there thatā€™s just waiting to take 4MEā€™s spot on the Seven Network multiplex.

Youā€™d think YESSHOP would be keen on an FTA expansion?

1 Like

Yes, I saw the thread over at Austech. Iā€™ve asked the poster to confirm the information as the source was unclear.

Not sure about another shopping channel if that same poster is to be believedā€¦

Iā€™m sure ishoptv will end up replacing 4ME on the metro Seven stations.

Anyone heard any news on a cut-off date for 4ME on channel 74 metro? Must be getting closerā€¦ May 31 or May 27? Something else?

I had 4ME right up until last night as Iā€™m in a metro area, looks like it mightā€™ve been switched off today. My TV is displaying a message saying ā€˜TV4ME Channel is unavailableā€™ with a blue background and the logo.

1 Like

ā€¦and hereā€™s a capture of that slide, which looks so dodgy that I think it would be torn to shreds if posted in the mocks section of the forum:

Farewell TV4ME via Seven, December 1, 2011 to May 18, 2016. You certainly will not be missed!

But aside from that commentary, I wonder if Seven might do a reshuffle of the LCNs once 4ME is pulled off for good? Iā€™m also hoping means weā€™re one step closer to getting Seven HD in Sydney, Brisbane/Gold Coast and Perth but Iā€™m not holding my breath for that!

4 Likes

Wow 4 and a half yearsā€¦ 4 and a half years we wonā€™t get back :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You know whatā€™s a good idea? Centering your text.

I can do better in MS Paint, and thatā€™s without exaggerating.

3 Likes

While I agree that many will not miss 4ME from our screens, it was one of the datacast channels that actually did have some non-infomercial content in it.

3 Likes

Fair point I suppose.

Anyway, it appears that the channel was supposed to go off air on Sunday (if the EPG is anything to go by) but the switch has been flicked early.

So what now for LCN74?

1 Like

Donā€™t you like the bad MS Paint creation channel?

2 Likes