4ME

…and here’s a capture of that slide, which looks so dodgy that I think it would be torn to shreds if posted in the mocks section of the forum:

Farewell TV4ME via Seven, December 1, 2011 to May 18, 2016. You certainly will not be missed!

But aside from that commentary, I wonder if Seven might do a reshuffle of the LCNs once 4ME is pulled off for good? I’m also hoping means we’re one step closer to getting Seven HD in Sydney, Brisbane/Gold Coast and Perth but I’m not holding my breath for that!

4 Likes

Wow 4 and a half years… 4 and a half years we won’t get back :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You know what’s a good idea? Centering your text.

I can do better in MS Paint, and that’s without exaggerating.

3 Likes

While I agree that many will not miss 4ME from our screens, it was one of the datacast channels that actually did have some non-infomercial content in it.

3 Likes

Fair point I suppose.

Anyway, it appears that the channel was supposed to go off air on Sunday (if the EPG is anything to go by) but the switch has been flicked early.

So what now for LCN74?

1 Like

Don’t you like the bad MS Paint creation channel?

2 Likes

Seven’s new channel - 7Paint. XD

2 Likes

Don’t know about you guys but I’m really going to miss Call and Win. It was a truly interactive experience, in that they interactively managed to rob me of about $200 when a mate thought it would be fun to redial the 1900 number a few hundred times to guess a fucking matchstick puzzle.

4 Likes

I don’t think I’ve had a phone that could dial a 190 number in years.

1 Like

same

The match sticks were my favourite puzzle, I hate the envelope ones as they’re always really obsecure answers. That show is still on Expo via Foxtel or if you’re super desperate you can watch it online from their website haha.

2 Likes

The EPG has been updated to say “Unavailable until further notice” although somehow, I don’t think that it’s going to come back… :confused:

Personally, I think it’ll be interesting to see how long it takes for Seven to pull the plug on 4ME.

I assume they will re-allocate the spectrum.

…and it seems that Seven have now done that. 4ME has been taken off the multiplex.

2 Likes

Is it being used elsewhere?

I think the spare spectrum may be reserved for multichannels covering live sports of the Rio Olympic Games. After the Games the spectrum could be transferred to 7HD.

Seems the same here in Brissy.

Interesting. Maybe 4ME might disappear on a market by market basis?

Of course, I can confirm that it’s definitely off the multiplex in Sydney - “TV4ME” no longer appears after a rescan while the other Seven Network channels do.

Lol, seems my previous post was a bit ambiguous. I meant to say it has also gone from the multiplex here in Brisbane. :wink:

1 Like