2CH Sydney

2CH’s greatest insult in recent times was actually one of the pic’s showing staff with cup cakes celebrating their 90th Birthday…taken with Melbourne based staff, from the SEN studios in South Melbourne. Then there was the other pic with a lonely Timmy Webster holding a lonely cup cake. Just put the old girl out of her misery and get on with your Yeah/No’s.

3 Likes

Listening to 2CH on the Last Day on the Phone, gonna miss it, There’s even a Promo by 2UE Inviting 2CH Listeners to come over.

4 Likes

Though I think the narrator may have been threatened by some Caribbean drug thugs to say that he loves cricket :smiley: In that case it perhaps is even more appropriate.

The Sports- Who Listens To the Radio?

Might be an existential pick…

2 Likes

Final song needs to be Its Over either Roy or Jeff’s. Here is Jeff’s version

That is extremely unique for 2CH & Sports Entertainment Network to allow for ads promoting the competitor 2UE.

3 Likes

Haha… Yeah maybe a good one for the Congo Line today :slight_smile:

Yeah it happened on GB before informally with UE , but this is a first I think.

2 Likes

Probably too heavy for 2CH but Another One Bites The Dust would be appropriate considering the great job SEN has been doing killing off heritage brands.

6 Likes

I think audio has gone bad 2CH DAB+ be good another local person check as well? I tried two radios. SEN 1170 is fine.

1 Like

Shame to see 2CH go - I used to listen to them when I lived in Sydney.

One obvious conclusion is that a stand-alone DAB+ full service station is not viable. If it can’t work in Sydney it can’t work anywhere else. DAB+ looks likely to be relegated to an automation PC plugged into a DAB+ encoder or a rebroadcast of an FM or AM service.

6 Likes

Yes correct. Constant dropouts on 2CH DAB+. So annoying on the grand old dame’s last day. Thanks SEN ! I would like to sign off 2CH with Supertramp’s “Goodbye Stranger” dedicated to SEN … certainly strange/rs to Sydney audiences going forward !!

4 Likes

I wonder if there’ll be anything special during the last hour or if it will simply just drop off the face of the earth! Will the DAB+ signal and internet stream switch to some type of SEN programming after 6PM AEST or will they simply disappear?

1 Like

I think SEN Fanatic will takeover. Dab bits reduced to 32k.

2 Likes

2ch has updated their website with the news of the shutdown tonight

SEN should keep Tim Webster on since he also a sports broadcaster and he also hosted Sports Tonight on Network 10 from 1993-2004

3 Likes

The last sentence in the first paragraph is a strange one in how it’s written, it’s like someone outside of SEN wrote it, then SEN copied & pasted it onto the web site?

2 Likes

Is there a way for SEN to give 2ch DAB+ to ACE radio since SEN clearly does want it anymore?

After all they gave 3mp to ACE Radio couple years ago

2 Likes

My City of Sydney

Gotta Get a Pen and Paper Ready, Because at 5, Eddie Olek will join Jane Niels on 2CH for the Final Classic 5 at 5 from 1972, The Last Hurrah of Songs will see out the Station.

Farewell 2CH: a couple of logos from 1987 and 1994

5 Likes

Hopefully someone is recording the last hour of 2ch

3 Likes