2CH Sydney

Interesting. A trail for his show, voiced by him, was played on Tim Webster’s show this morning and he was certainly on air on Friday with no mention it was his last show - so unless there was a last minute reason why he couldn’t be there tonight, something must have happened during the course of the day.

2 Likes

Tim Webster said some interesting things on 2CH just now. First of all, he confirmed that there will no longer be any announcers at weekends. He then said that the shifts for him, Trevor Sinclair and Chris Kearns will soon be changing - no further details given - and that they will all have to embrace that change. What he said implies that Chris Kearns is still with the station in some way.

3 Likes

I hope they experiment with music a bit. Still keep it in the classic hits mould but expand the play list a bit. Maybe play some complete albums for example.

2 Likes

Very interesting. Wonder if the announcers will soon only be heard between 6am & 6pm weekdays?

2 Likes

Thanks @martp for listening and updating us.

2 Likes

That was my thought too. 3 x 4 hour shifts across the working day would certainly have some logic to it.

3 Likes

Chris is back on tonight.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if it becomes a revolving door of morning hosts. Eg Monday 6am-midday with Tim, Tuesdays with Trevor, etc.

Either way, I can’t see it being a beneficial announcement for 2CH.

5 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately it wouldn’t overly surprise me if this upcoming announcement is just another nail in the coffin for the station formerly on 1170AM.

Amidst all the recent changes, do we know if Cherie Romano is still the GM of 2CH?

4 Likes

My pleasure, always happy to take one for the team lol

2 Likes

She was certainly mentioned the other day as still being there - but increasingly I imagine there will be little left of the station to ‘general manage’

3 Likes

Me neither. Tim referred to it as “change we all have to embrace” - which didn’t exactly sound positive, even though he said it in his usual jovial manner.

4 Likes

Are they running any ‘2CH still exists’ promos on SEN?

1 Like

Not that I heard. This was the most disappointing thing as they promise we are just moving. My granny thought something went wrong with her radio. Her eyesight is poor. There didn’t seem to be any annoucement if you want to listen 2CH just buy a digital radio etc.

1 Like

Yes they are. Promos reminding listeners that their favourite classic hits are now on DAB+.

2 Likes

I stand corrected not listening to SEN enough :smirk:.

1 Like

How often an hour and what placement in program breaks?

I listen to SEN all up about 45 mins did not hear it yet. Was going to try to record it.

1 Like

A retired 2CH Announcer told me that she is still picking the music they play, unlike 2UE’s anything goes approach. Wouldn’t surprise me if Rob Duckworth turns up on WSFM and Kayley Harris returning to 2GB Production.

5 Likes
3 Likes