2023 Aussie TV Predictions

This is the most realistic of the predictions

:rofl:

2 Likes

Seven:

• From hosting everything a year ago, to hosting next to nothing in the last 6 months, Sonia Kruger returns to our screens later in the year to host every single show on Seven.
  • after Australian Idol’s success in live shows for the top 12, Seven reverts to filming every show 4 months out to air date.

Nine:

• Tipping Point to air double epsiodes in the afternoons, and outrates everything in primetime (bar the News and ACA).
  • Eddie Maguire misses being Eddie Everywhere and returns to hosting A Current Affair

Ten:

• NBL and A-League to feature on the main channel 3 nights a week for shares of 3.2%, and 10 are happy with the results.
  • 10 to screen a Jamie Oliver show once a week, for 52 weeks, during 2023.

SBS:

• SBS brings in yet another channel. World Weather Channel, to coincide with the World News Channel and World Movies Channel.
  • Celebrity Letters and Numbers will remain the same and not pair the teams together to male the show more entertaining

Logies:

• we will all whinge about it, myself included, but not give a rats about the AACTA Awards.
5 Likes

They’re getting out of Breakfast News anx breakfast starts for Studio 10. I doubt they’ll spend any money on a new Breakfast concept.

Surely this thread needs the word fantasy attached to the title.

3 Likes

Fitting that you’re typing like you’re drunk, given most of the predictions in this thread :joy:

5 Likes

Well if they went with the simulcast route of local breakfast shows in each state, my thinking was that they use the existing facilities of that specific radio studio. The majority of them already have cameras and live feeds.
The cost I guess would be a crew on 10’s end for timing commercial breaks etc.
Not sure if its feasible but I figured its an idea to avoid doing the entire production themselves - and it gives them a local edge.

It’s not. You’re talking about running six to eight different shows for all the states and territories. That’s not feasible. I don’t really see many people tuning into a radio show on TV when they can listen to it on the radio.

Or “nightmares”.

Drunk nightmares.

1 Like

WIN already broadcasts GO! GEM and Life to their Nine markets AFAIK. Life was added in place of SNOW.

I personally feel this will be the last channel to change, given the important nature of the news it broadcasts.

My predictions:

None of the fantastical (and just plain crazy) predictions in this thread come true. :joy:

9 Likes

I predict that one of them will. Yours :wink:

6 Likes

2023 Aussie TV predictions

Seven

• Susannah Carr retires and Rick Ardon presents solo from 7 News Perth.
  • 7 and Fox will retain the cricket
  • 7HD and 7Flix expand into Regional WA.
  • 7TWO HD is launched, replacing its 7Two SD Channel.
  • 7Bravo launches at 6AM on 15 January 2023.

Nine

• Nine announces that they will retain the Rugby Union rights for the next five years.
  • WIN merges into Nine brand. With the changes, WIN News and NBN News are rebranded as Nine News
  • 9GO moves to HD on Channel 93. Hence, it will remove the 9GO SD on Channel 99.
  • Nine/Stan retain the rights to Wimbledon, Roland Garros and US Open.
  • Nine will win the ratings year.

TEN

• Major changes to Channel 10 News department - axing of Midday News. 5PM News goes national
  • 10 Peach upscales to HD.
  • Network 10 loses the Melbourne Cup Rights to Channel 7.
  • With WIN merging into Nine, NRN Northern NSW gets sold to Southern Cross Austereo.
  • Paramount exits the Australian streaming market. This time, A-League matches will be streamed via 10Play for the remainder of the contracts.

ABC

• ABC news 24 becomes HD.
  • Jeremy Fernandez replaces Juanita Philips as the ABC News Anchor.

SBS

• SBS Food and NITV shift to MPEG4.
  • NITV upscales to HD.
2 Likes

2023 predictions:
Nine will strike a deal with Foxtel to allow HBO shows to air on their channels.
Nine gain the rights to 20th Century Studios TV shows and Movies.
Hot Seat reverts to the 30 minute format, with MASH airing at 5pm.
Ten axes Studio 10 and The Project.
Mel McLaughlin is demoted to weekend sports presenter in Sydney.
10 launches a Dog House channel, an NCIS channel and a Bull channel.
Peter Hitchener retires at the end of the year, Alicia Loxley takes over on weeknights, Dougal Beatty presents weekends.
Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead get FTA debuts on 7mate.
10 News First at 5 becomes a national bulletin.
SBS revives Letters and Numbers, with Dave Thornton as host.
SBS gains exclusive rights to Jeopardy! from FOX Classics.
Seven gain NBCUniversal FTA rights (Nine still air some NBCU shows).
ABC get Saturday 3pm NRL game on FTA, they use Fox commentary and graphics.
HBO Max and Peacock are both launched in Australia.
Paramount+ closes down due to lack of funding, A-League moves to 10 play, shows and movies move to Foxtel and Netflix.
7/Fox retain cricket rights, Nine loses all cricket.
Seven gain rights to F1 and MotoGP Aus GPs, Seven also air marquee F1 races such as Monaco, Spa and Monza.
9Gem airs select IndyCar races live, including the Indy 500.
7mate or 7two air NASCAR races.
All shopping channels move to online only.

2 Likes

Very interesting split between the 10 News predictions. Either throwing the axe at local bulletins or expanding them to all markets.

1 Like

I predict nothing will change (Except the already announced changes to Adelaide).

Brisbane rates well enough to be done from Sydney still.

1 Like

NBC News Content like Nightly News and Meet the Press could air on 7mate during the day

More predictions for 2023:
Seven
Either Angie Asimus or Mel McLaughlin are promoted to co-anchor alongside Mark Ferguson.
Anne Sanders retires.
Nine
GO! Kids becomes its own separate channel from 9GO!
SKY News
SKY News poaches Natasha Exelby from 10.

1 Like

She’s the sport presenter you know?