2022 Federal Election - Media Coverage

Agree. However on radio adverts for channel programming they never say Channel.
A lot of Nine promos on 3aw say “tonight on 9” etc.

Just seems silly to me. Everyone knows the channels. It’s not like tv is a new medium that radio audiences are being exposed to.
Would be like saying “watch now on the streaming service Netflix” etc.

Just think the logic of it is flawed.

1 Like

It’s a 9 owned station? Of course they have editorial control over that, but we’re mostly talking about instances where it’s not the network in control over how the channel is referred to.

In this example, I’d say a large portion of anyone who follows or supports the UAP would probably not be aware at first that 7Flix is a tv channel, both the demographic and cause it’s not actually available there.

Heck I see a lot of the A League club socials refer to the multi as ‘Channel 10 Bold’. It sounds weird, but I see why it happens.

Probably not a great comparison, Netflix by name is huge in comparison - especially by demo.

But they do use things like, “Streaming Now”, “Streaming only on…”, “Stream it on Binge” etc.

4 Likes

Did he? He’s publicly said for years that he’s a fan of Albanese personally.

Since Virginia left, they seem to prefer him to focus on News Breakfast (which is fair enough).

Oh I was more referring to promos that run in the commercial breaks. AW prior to Nine ownership, promos for 7 shows would end with “on 7” or 9 shows “on 9”
That was all I meant.

Oh totally, of course they have no control over the UAP ads.
Just as I said before it’s odd. I get it, but at the same time it’s 2022. People know what channels there are and let’s be real those who wouldn’t know of it/them aren’t going to tune into it for a political ad regardless… :slight_smile:

I reckon it’s done like that on purpose so the more recognisable “Channel 7” is seen and heard across their campaign

3 Likes

He’s proposing a very niche argument. Technically he’s telling Kooying voters to put Labor first and Liberal second i think to avoid putting in an independent.

As someone with deep Labor sympathies myself I know this is a difficult argument to make but it is also an incredibly important one — if you live in Kooyong, and you love the Labor Party, it is vital you give your preference to Frydenberg over Monique Ryan

https://www.news.com.au/national/federal-election/joe-hildebrand-why-labor-voters-in-kooyong-need-to-vote-for-josh-frydenberg/news-story/4a3774b6ce0db2e78c91ea51133ba2d0

1 Like

I’m sure they have a conspiracy theory that prevents the use of QR codes like the government is spying on you every time you use one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Countdown to polls closing on Today - probably don’t need the seconds.

2 Likes

Or the minutes…or the hours… or at all?

12 Likes

Fuck sake… one commercial break and three ads for Palmer and UAP in the one break during the project.

1 Like

One Palmer Infomercial gone (on Nine), one is on its way in 15 minutes time (on 7Flix) and the final on tomorrow night (on 10). Then the media blackout begins for the Election Campaigns, thank goodness for that!

1 Like

Watched Nine News Adelaide earlier tonight. In a single ad break I saw the “there’s a hole in your bucket, dear Labor” THREE TIMES. Not including seeing it a number of other times across the other ad breaks.

And UAP ads keep popping up on my YouTube feed despite continuously clicking through to “do not show me this”.

2 Likes

The UAP launch carrying a watermark on 7Flix unlike when it was shown on NIne.

2 Likes

10’s promo for election night

5 Likes

6 Likes

10 coverage is looking so promising

3 Likes

I’d rather watch soccer.

9 Likes

It’s interesting not being in Australia for an election. I was watching SBS On Demand through a VPN, and the “hole in your bucket, dear Labor” ad came on at least twice. I can only imagine how irritating it must be to watch TV at the moment.

2 Likes

This is very underwhelming, and late if they’ve only just started airing it. Looks like an entertainment produced promo, not from news.

1 Like