2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games Coverage

As usual this coverage is nauseating. They are horrendous at these events. We’ve had to suffer under this type of patheticness for years now.

1 Like

Thorpey has just ripped into Hamish twice. They’re meant to be jokes but they didn’t land and just sounded like savage comments towards Hamish. Quite good.

This standing presentation is annoying and sickening with the constant camera movement. They’re still talking 23 mins into the coverage whilst there is live action alreayd happening.

1 Like

The Gold Coast opening ceremony was great. As were all aspects of the games.
It was just the closing ceremony that was a disaster.

5 Likes

Flick over to 7two or 7+ then.
They’re just counting down to the swimming on the main channel. Makes sense to me.
Edit: there you go, a cross to the rugby sevens.

2 Likes

Multiscreen viewing

7 Likes

Are you sure about this? My memory of those events was :eyes: WTF is going on? :flushed:

1 Like

Opening was great, closing was awful.
I attended multiple track and field days, and swimming, and they were excellent. Venues were great, transport was great, amazing volunteers. Awesome atmosphere.

2 Likes

My recollection was bogan surfy type people introducing the athletes and ‘thongs’. Not what I called ‘great’.

Agree to disagree.
I think the general consensus of the public was as I said.

Maybe if you were in Brisbane and loyal to QLD. As you are.

But yes. Agree to disagree.

1 Like

And I attended the games so saw it first hand.

Kind of goes to the point. You always enjoy something more when you’re there in person.

2 Likes

Basil calling with Thorpey. So they are in Sydney? Do they not send the actual commentators to the events at all anymore?

1 Like

The set they are using is awful. What’s with the dot decals on the floor? Looks like a train platform with the tactiles on it.

I’m really over this fishbowl screen look. It’s so uninspiring and boring. This is the 4th time it’s been used

3 Likes

Cate Campbell is poolside as shown in the screencap above.

Bruce McAvaney and Tamsyn Manou will commentate athletics at Alexander Stadium.

1 Like

I know Cate is there. I was talking of Basil and Thorpey.

It’s laziness and cheap. They can’t even get a commentary position for Australias number one sport and call from the venue. As it was in Tokyo there is no atmosphere. It’s too generic and boring. Same with the cycling. Not even bothering with a proper play by play caller for that.

There should be key sports called from the venues. Not just the athletics.

4 Likes

I think they have people in Birmingham but not all the callers.

2 Likes

Seven did Manchester 2002 remotely in Australia due to security fears following 9/11. 10 did Glasgow on location in 2014 but Delhi was done in Melbourne

I prefer presenting on location than in Australia to capture the atmosphere of the host nation.

6 Likes

rookie numbers… :joy:

7 Likes