2021 Western Australia State Election - Media Coverage

This is hilarious.

1 Like

It’s surely got to be a new record for Antony calling it after only 0.7% of the vote counted and only 42 minutes after the polls closed!

6 Likes

Seven and Nine should be reassessing the length of their coverage and planning for an early finish.

6 Likes

10 has Narelda hosting Perth’s news tonight, with updates throughout the evening.

1 Like

Sky News has also called the election.

Seven opened declaring a win for Labor.

3 Likes

Given the situation on whats happening here in WA, no one has to be Einstein to say that

6 Likes

The liberal party called it weeks ago to be fair.

2 Likes

“Breaking News” on Nine - Labor Wins :grinning:

4 Likes

Too little info for 7’s lower third. There’s enough room for vote counts and swings in seats

1 Like

With Nine there is often barely enough room to find the main picture.

Seven does have some larger graphics that pop up occasionally.

3 Likes

Very small text in the ‘Seats Won’ graphic:

Geez, some of that text would probably be unreadable on Seven SD!

1 Like

Seven SD viewers:

GgGuUyl

4 Likes

5 Likes

Nine just finished their coverage at 9:45 PM. ABC and Seven concluded at 9:30 PM.

4 Likes

I’m surprised no one has mentioned how ridiculous the 7 News logo looks on the front of their desk??

1 Like

Don’t know what that contraption was supposed to represent in front of the desk.

7 Likes

Looks like a button to shoot the WA Liberals into space (well whatever is left of them) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I thought it looked a bit like the lid on a rubbish bin with the blue square the flap. And the state certainly threw out a lot tonight.

Well I had a very busy day, first doing an OB at the Roebourne 50 Cent Hall during the day as voters came in out of the heat to cast the ballots.

Then from 6 to 945pm I was doing the doing the first ever election results show for Ngaarda Media covering all the results from the Pilbara and Kimberley as well as others from across the State.

Feedback has been great and tomorrow I can sleep in before hitting the working week again.

4 Likes