2020 US Presidential Election - Media Coverage

Yep - you can see this already with how under the current Presidency there have been no moves by China against Australian exports. Floodgates after inauguration for sure.

I wonder how much scrutiny Sky News on WIN could get from the ACMA for some of the stuff they end up broadcasting. Obviously they can’t do anything about the actual Sky News, but there’s standards for FTA in theory still.

2 Likes

Looks like I was wrong haha.
It has to be tomorrow or Saturday.

Yeah, a lot of the Australian (and NZ) -inserts around the US coverage I’ve viewed has been relatively void of any real analysis. I don’t think most of the local hosts have a real understanding of the electoral colleges and its nuances as well as swing states, other than saying “it’s tight” or “it is too close to call” (especially Weds afternoon). I’m sure some were better than others but I just found it too lightweight to watch compared to CNN, even Fox etc.

7 Likes

I have to agree. Usually, I go to the ABC for election coverage, but in this cases I’ve been flicking between CNN and FOX. CNN really do breakdown the numbers within the states. Nothing bets local knowledge on the ground.

7 Likes

The CNN men and their magic boards. Talk about a turn on that’s for sure!
So much analysis and depth in knowledge.

Bit of a fan for Phil Mattingly?

1 Like

Adam Hills: The Last Leg

ABC

Wednesday 11 November at 10:10pm

As the confetti settles in town halls across America, Adam Hills, Josh Widdicombe, and Alex Brooker react to one of the most memorable elections in US history, and look back on four years of Donald Trump as President.

Follows Planet America next Wednesday

Martha and Bret back on air at 11AM ET for continuing coverage of the election

1 Like

Yes, Prime used to broadcast this on page 700/701 of the Teletext service, receivable by anyone.

Just some of the wonderful things that fill the 1/100th second of missing video in a transmission.

I stopped monitoring the ABC News (AU) coverage when they awarded California before the ballots closed - I get how they did it, but it made some significant assumptions that no-one else was making

1 Like

Agreed - and to be honest, that sort of thing just fuels distrust of media/fake news claims even from the MAGA-fans in Australia.

Lester Holt back on NBC with a special report. You can live stream on You Tube. Wonder if that’s because they’re getting ready to make a call.

2 Likes

Admire the knowledge and skill of the magic wall! Makes everything heaps easier to understand.

1 Like

Trump speaking in about half an hour

Trump to address the nation from the White House soon.

10 Promo

6 Likes

Nine has switched to election coverage mode (live nationwide) ahead of Trump’s media address.

ABC Main channel also live

5 Likes

1 News NZ to stream Trump’s address online

4 Likes

Seven Perth switched to TMS just after 7.45AM AWST