2020 US Presidential Election - Media Coverage

With the DNC underway and RNC next week, here’s the thread to discuss media coverage (campaign, debates, lead-up and coverage of Election Day).

For general US Politics discussion, please refer to the US Politics section.

2 Likes

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert opening monologue on the first two nights of the Democratic National Convention.

6 Likes

Bill Clinton made an interesting and rather powerful speech today; about President Trump and his unbelievably unintelligent time during his presidency, plus discussing about support for Joe Biden:

4 Likes
8 Likes

Going to be interesting to see how the pandemic impacts Australian coverage of Election Day.

They’re obviously going to have to anchor from here and rely on the people they do have on the ground.

Ie: Can’t see Karl in Times Square or Kochie at the White House.

Or will they just take coverage from American affiliates.

2 Likes

Isn’t there already a thread for media coverage on the forum?

1 Like

There’s a US politics thread.

1 Like

There was one. It was closed for being premature! :grinning:

2 Likes

Why do NBC and MSNBC do different coverage.

1 Like

Lol. It was so long ago I don’t remember even locking it.

4 Likes

Remember?

1 Like

I don’t think so.

5 Likes

I don’t think so either

2 Likes

So that the coverage can be tailored for the audience watching both networks (eg; talent, content, etc). The main difference though is NBC (like the other broadcast networks + Fox News) only cover the 10pm ET hour of the convention whereas MSNBC is showing both hours

3 Likes

Don’t forget as well that NBC News is (well, meant to be) based towards people in the middle politically, whilst MSNBC is clearly tailored to those leaning left.

Also NBC is a broadcast network, whilst MSNBC is a cable news station! :blush:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Another report

4 Likes

…Cooper explaining that the president’s speech was “the most recent greatest hits and false statements.”

MSNBC and Fox News stayed with the address, the first appearance Trump plans to make on each of the four days of the convention this week.

2 Likes

3 Likes
4 Likes