2019 New South Wales state election - media coverage

6 Likes

Finished ABC set.

2 Likes

The election is tomorrow and we still don’t know who Channel 9 has on their panel apart from their political reporters and hosts??

Not sure if it has been posted, but WIN in regional NSW will air two special location updates tomorrow (Saturday) at 1.30pm and 3.30pm, before taking up Sky News’ coverage at 5pm.

…and this is why 10 News First needed to be on the air with full NSW Election Night coverage tomorrow.

While I strongly dislike a lot of Sky News’ output, WIN absolutely have done the right thing by opting out of airing Ten’s lame alternative programming lineup in favour of carrying NSW Election Night coverage from Sky News.

3 Likes

Does TEN have a local bulletin tomorrow?

I’m assuming Melbourne will do the national bulletin tomorrow?

Nothing advertised or confirmed.

That TV Tonight article implies that WIN are showing the Sky News election coverage on WIN’s main channel, but the quoted press release states it will be on Sky News on WIN, the main WIN channel is not mentioned. WIN’s EPG, the WIN website guide and yourtv all show WIN NSW showing the same as Ten on Saturday night. Have I missed something?

3 Likes

Maybe that is the strategy. Nine struggled in Victoria because Seven had the likes of Derryn Hinch. So, this time they aren’t going to promote it.

Hi all,

I’ll be recording the raw transport stream DVB-T files tomorrow for Channel 9 and Channel 7. This will be from about 3am to midnight which will capture the entire day from both broadcasts.

At the end of the day the files will be about 200GB each. Let me know who is interested in keeping them and we can arrange a FTP.

1 Like

Sky News on WIN promo:

Are ten doing a local bulletin tonight in Sydney for the election?

I would assume so, perhaps after Ocean’s Twelve. Looking at my EPG and Sydney’s guide. It seems that Sydney’s Ocean’s Twelve goes for an extra 25 minutes.

The WIN News Update that aired just now looked like it was localised for each market:

2 Likes

Did win do this for the Victorian election?

No, I don’t think they did.

ABC News

It looks like WIN Northern NSW got a market wide update, with Stephanie Atkins in the studio:

A new election desk for Seven. It’s smaller than their new desk introduced for The Latest. Can’t imagine more than four people fitting on this one? They must have another one to the side? Will be interesting to see what eventuates and how it looks on air…

4 Likes