2019 New South Wales state election - media coverage

But it’s not? Didn’t you read the press release?

Fergo demoted - correct choice. Usher is very good at rolling coverage and election coverage is made for him. Lock him in to be hosting their federal election coverage.

The logo that they have used (‘NSW Votes’) in their letterhead looks far better than the one used in their promos.

6 Likes

This is the image that is supposed to be “not photo-shopped” -:open_mouth:

1 Like

If an “incorrect” version of the promo was sent out, then it must’ve been a major mistake for it to air several times on Channel Seven Sydney (and at least once on Prime7 Newcastle, Central Coast, Wollongong, Canberra and Gold Coast in the case of the pre-Headline Recap airing) last night…

2 Likes

I do believe that it was a mistake. If you look at the one that was sent out, the names aren’t in order of picture with Kerry Chikarivoskis name being second but her picture fourth. Then, on the correct one, her picture is second, which is in line with her name. Plus Pru Goward isn’t in the press release but was in promo (which was probably released before the panel was finalised).

As for the panel - it’s a good mix. Chris Minns will be interesting. He is in an electorate with a high Asian population and was endorsed by PJ Keating. Will be good to get his thoughts on Daley’s comments.

Also, it sounds as though Sean Berry will be doing some sort of break away panel similar to what Mark Riley does? I would just have Usher hosting himself - he’s more than capable.

Last election however, 7 had former Premiers Morris Iemma and John Fahey with Bob Carr via video link who was in China. None of them are appearing on 7 this time - maybe they’ll be on 9 this time around?

1 Like

A longer promo for Nine’s NSW Election coverage is now airing. Not really surprised to see their main promotional focus being on Pete, Deb and the two Chris’ though!

3 Likes

Nobody will be watching Seven and Nine’s, just like the recent Victorian election (Nine News even came 3rd, even though its the No 1 nightly news in the market) and as seen in usual Federal elections…

Antony Green and ABC is total class, they’re made for elections.

1 Like

One day they’ll give him a functioning computer. One day.

As far as the ratings for previous NSW elections go, Nine was 3rd behind Seven and the ABC in 2011 and (I think) 2nd in 2015. Not sure about 2007 & earlier, although one would imagine that Nine enjoyed rather healthy ratings for their NSW election coverage during the 1990s and 2003 when just about everything else was going right for the network in the Sydney market.

Personally I don’t really care whether Nine or ABC is #1 on the night (judging by what we’ve heard so far, both networks will probably have quite good coverage overall), although I probably would be disappointed if Nine wasn’t at least outrating Seven’s “attention seeking” coverage.

I wish one of the networks would try something other than the boring, stale panel format.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Such as?

IIRC Roy & HG hosted Sevens Election coverage from the Tally Room in 2001 & 2004.

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

Gladys Berejiklian and Michael Daley on The Project tonight.

1 Like

Those graphics really need to be their permanent graphics, minus the NSW election thing on the side.

2 Likes

Both Leaders will be in the studio with Sandra Sully on 10 News First this evening

2 Likes

Pretty poorly promoted IMO.

Live streamed on twitter

…and unfortunately, I suspect it won’t be all that widely watched either given the status of 10 News First in this market.

Had there been a debate between Gladys & Daley on Seven or (especially) Nine, most of Sydney would probably be raving about it.

2 Likes

6pm News in Sydney

Both leaders joined Deb tonight

6 Likes