2019 New South Wales state election - media coverage

Meanwhile Nine has dropped a social media clip which reveals that Ross Greenwood will be part of their NSW Election coverage, expected to be presented from Studio 22:

In other words, near-Federal Election levels of production standards for a state election. Although it really would’ve been highly insulting for Nine to do anything less when two of their strongest rating markets (Sydney & Northern NSW) are in the country’s most populated state.

No, that is their new desk, without the lights switched on. I reckon they’ll be able to squeeze six around it, 2 hosts in the middle and 2 panelists either side.

6 Likes

Yes I seen that. Hopefully it’s better than him and Ben Fordham at the 2016 Federal Election which was very awkward having them two awkwardly standing around together. It was unnecessary having the both of them.

1 Like

My bad. Looks smaller. Six would be a tight fit!!

Isn’t only Musher doing the coverage? I think Ferguson was only mentioned because he is doing 6pm.

Might as well practice for that now.

2 Likes

Musher*
Press Release said Mark Riley hosting as well. However, he could be doing a breakaway panel similar to 2016 & 2010.

2 Likes

ABC getting ready.

2 Likes

Will people be recording and uploading openers and/or highlights?

3 Likes

this’ll possibly be my only comment here

So, I don’t follow politics as much as I liked to in the past, however I must say I’m keen to see the ratings for the NSW Election coverages tonight in Sydney.

Purely given how the recent Victorian one turned out (ratings), particularly to see if market winning Nine News with Peter Overton can also take out this special (this same market winner in Melbourne actually came last very surprisingly), but also given the Liberals crisis federally and any swings in NSW (politically).

Networks in the local cities certainly have ramped up efforts to provide special news coverage with these things in recent years.

I quite like the ABC sets they make for elections :+1:

1 Like

Does Nine have a 5pm edition too?

ABC Set lit up.

Yes, I believe that Nine’s coverage will be on from 5pm.

1 Like

The second WIN Canberra Update:

2 Likes

Riverina update from Win

1 Like

This could be interesting if Election is tight which is predicted. I’m tipping coverage will extend past 10:30pm which is the time networks have given as the end of their coverage.

Melinda Pavey MP (National) part of Nines coverage.

News from 10:

2 Likes

As mentioned in the Nine News Content & Appearance thread, their coverage is being streamed on YouTube:

1 Like

With Sandra doing a special Sydney bulletin, is Chris Bath down in Melbourne for the rest of the Nation’s bulletins?

1 Like

2 Likes