2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games

TVNZ Commonwealth Games

3 Likes

When is Seven’s main channel going to show some actual live sport instead of rehashing yesterday? There’s plenty going on.

3 Likes

Looks eerily similar to Seven’s virtual set they used for their Rio 2016 Olympics coverage!!

5 Likes

It’s actually the new set they launched this year a 17 meter video wall.

I’m not saying it is Seven’s set but it looks like TVNZ got some inspiration from it when Seven were using it.

1 Like

Speaking of TVNZ, curious to know what members in NZ think of their coverage? Been reading a lot of negative things about it, particularly regarding the amount of ads they’re showing

Shannon Byrne from ABC Grandstand shared these behind the scenes pictures.

1 Like

News Update, Woolworths Medal Tally and Other Graphics:

5 Likes

CyclingWeightliftingLawn BowlsGymnasticsBeach Volleyball

2 Likes

Some points:

•Johanna Griggs proving why she should return to prime-time host duties. So natural, experienced and just good. Hamish is too, but he lacks the charisma and jolly attitude of Griggsy, we know Seven pander to him because Gil is the AFL CEO and Hamish will be Bruce’s replacement one day.

•Those ‘news updates’ are weak as piss. Laughable. IMO pointless. Just air local 7News updates during ads and talk Comm Games then (which they’re doing anyway).

Jim Wilson was cringeworthy in his cross before, salivating over his own networks various sport over the weekend, with Griggsy giggling like a little school girl with him.

And what’s that background? One of Seven’s endless array of control rooms? All the screens look so fake, like pre-recorded loops with Mel McLaughlin and Hamish talking to themselves?

2 Likes

There’s no long shots of the studio/set. It’s just a screen with a close up. This isn’t really an immersive experience. Yet again they’ve failed.

I know, can’t believe they didn’t construct a proper set for the host position!

1 Like

Broadcast Centre

5 Likes

Green background

2 Likes

Pretty uninspiring setup there.

I think Hamish has been presenting from the Gold Coast news studio where the Gold Coast news is presented from.

Countdown to AFL

2 Likes

Was that on the screen an hour and a half?

Channel change to 7Flix:

I don’t think there has ever been a graphic advertising switch to 7Flix. When tennis was on 7Flix in Perth this year, it was on at the start of coverage, so there was only ever a switch from 7Flix.

2 Likes

No, appeared a few times for around 30sec between 7pm and 7:30pm (well, from when I turned-in anyway)

2 Likes