The Big Music Quiz 0.83m
Sunday Night 0.64m
Criminal Minds 0.43m
AFL special: The Final Draw 0.25m

Modern Family season premiere 0.46m
Australian Survivor 0.70m
Movie: Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit rpt 0.32m

Howard on Menzies part 2 0.58m

My AFL prediction was pretty good, although it turned out a hell of a lot higher than I expected :+1:

–

Sunday the 25th of September 2016

Should be close between Seven & Nine…

•The Block: 975k
•The Big Music Quiz: 875k
•Sunday Night: 775k
•60 Minutes: 750k
•Survivor: 725k
•The Final Draw (Seven Sport special): 475k

Yeah you were only 1 million off :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Getting in early I know, but I reckon that this year’s AFL/NRL Grand Finals could very well get their biggest ratings at least since the introduction of the OzTam ratings system.

Afterall, in both games you have a “Sydney vs Melbourne” battle and “underdog” teams looking to break a long premiership drought against teams that have had notable premiership success (albeit, the success of the Storm in the NRL is probably a bit more controversial than that of the Swans in the AFL) in recent years. I’d imagine that those factors should generate plenty of media interest throughout the week.

1 Like

I think you could be right. But if Sydney blow the game out in the first quarter it won’t be.

2 Likes

Won’t the NRL Grand Final have lots of QLD people bo longer watching (i.e.) no local team?

I think that’ll affect the ratings.

Also the Western Bulldogs (AKA Footscray) would be a truly special, really really special win :tada:

I’d assume because its the Grand Final it wouldn’t really bother sports fans that no local team is playing.

1 Like

One could imagine the NRL Grand Final generating around million in Sydney since the Cronulla Sharks are going for their first premiership in the club’s 50 year history, which should make for a GF lead-up with possibly even more hype than when the Rabbitohs went for it in 2014. Not to mention that there should be a sizeable Melbourne audience seeing if your local team the Storm can win! :smiley:

Will that be enough to compensate for a possible drop in Queensland? A case of wait and see I suppose.

Agreed. Over 900k Sydneysiders still found plenty of reasons to watch last years NRL Grand Final even though it was an all Queensland derby, both it and State Of Origin are generally THE most watched programs in Sydney all year.

The Storm is a defacto Queensland team anyway with its Origin stars Smith and Cronk playing plenty of Qlders will tune in…

1 Like

Monday September 26
The Brownlow Medal should rate well tonight even though many people think Geelong’s Patrick Dangerfield will win.

Brownlow Medal red carpet 0.57m (Seven Melbourne + Adelaide) + 120,000 (7mate Sydney, Brisbane and Perth)
Brownlow Medal count 0.84m (Seven Melbourne + Adelaide + Perth) + 53,000 (7mate Sydney and Brisbane)
Highway Patrol rpt 0.33m (Seven Sydney and Brisbane)
Movie: Red rpt 0.25m (Seven Sydney and Brisbane)

The Block 0.84m
Millionaire Mansions 0.45m

Australian Survivor 0.63m
Have You Been Paying Attention? 0.65m

Monday the 26th of September 2016

Seven will probably win, thanks to the Brownlow which airs until midnight…

•Brownlow Medal: 1m
•The Block: 875k
•Survivor: 675k
•HYBPA: 625k
•Talking Footy (11pm-12am): 425k
•“Red” (movie - Ch 7 Syd/Bris): 300k

Tuesday September 27
I think Unreal Estate will flop tonight.

Zumbo’s Just Desserts grand final 0.74m
800 Words 0.65m

The Block 0.88m
Unreal Estate premiere 0.45m

Australian Survivor 0.67m

Who Do You Think You Are? 0.51m

Tuesday 27th September

Zumbo’s Just Desserts grand final-800k
800 Words-600k

The Block-950k
Unreal Estate premiere-650k

Australian Survivor-700k

Tuesday the 27th of September 2016

Should be close between Seven & Nine…

•Just Desserts - winner announced: 875k
•Just Desserts - finale: 800k
•The Block: 775k
•Survivor: 725k
•800 Words: 700k
•Unreal Estate (premiere): 600k
•NCIS (repeat): 525k

The entire city of Adelaide apparently has no power until tomorrow. This should see some very low figures for tonight’s ratings…

2 Likes

@parano1a I was about to say the same thing

You can basically put a 0 under Adelaide for programs after 5pm. Worst affected will be Nine (The Block, Doctor Doctor) and Ten (The Bachelorette and The Wrong Girl).

Wednesday September 27
The Block 0.76m
Doctor Doctor 0.61m

The Bachelorette 0.68m
The Wrong Girl premiere 0.53m

2 Likes

Why would Nine and Ten be more affected than other networks? Seven usually gets the most number of viewers in Adelaide.

4 Likes

I agree. Perhaps Seven might be least affected from a programing perspective, but they would probably feel the most affect ratings wise since Seven is generally the most watched network in Adelaide AFIAK.

People in Adelaide got power back at around 7:30. People outside Adelaide didnt until around 9:00. Figures in Adelaide will be lower but they shouldnt be 0.

2 Likes