2016 Ratings Predictions

Please use this thread for your Television predictions for 2016. Continuation of 2016 Ratings and Program Predictions

There is no need to restrict comments to just ratings, but can include general programming and other network predictions.

The thread will eventually revert to the usual “ratings predictions” thread sometime next year.

Happy forecasting

TV Cynic

Seven to clean-sweep the ratings year. Rio 2016, Molly, AFL, The X Factor, Melbourne Cup, My Kitchen Rules all to be huge hits next year. The MKR finale to be the 2nd highest non-sport show of the year

Ten to continue its resurgence. Bachelor/Bachelorette, I’m a Celebrity, MasterChef to continue from their success of this year. The MC finale will be highest-non sport show of the year

Nine to have steady ratings but will finish 2nd: Australia’s Got Talent to average just under a million viewers but will only last one season. Last season for The Block. Married at First Sight continues with average ratings. Kiss Bang Love will be axed after the first three episodes. Can’t see Nine competing with Seven next year.

1 Like

My first prediction for 2016!

Sunday January 10
The Chase Australia 0.76m

60 Minutes 0.91m

KFC Big Bash League: Sydney Sixers v Brisbane Heat (Ten/One)
session 1 0.67m
session 2 0.85m

How will Fast4Tennis go tonight? It is currently trending. I think, given its on seven, 700k. Big Bash will see a few less viewers because of it.

I think Fast4 tennis will get 650,000 tonight.

Tuesday January 12
One day cricket: Australia v India session 1 0.65m
One day cricket: Australia v India session 2 0.92m
Footy Classified special 0.45m

Sunday January 17
One day cricket: Australia v India session 1 0.71m
One day cricket: Australia v India session 2 1.2m

I have a feeling tennis won’t be massive this year. Especially early on. I know I am planning to use the 7Tennis app to watch matches that I want rather than TV coverage of the bigger courts for a good chunk of the time I image. Will be VERY interesting to see how that affects the viewing figures for FTA and what it means a measure of success becomes.

Monday January 18
Australian Open night 1 0.65m (Seven) + 0.26m (7TWO)

BBL: Renegades v Strikers (Ten + One)
session 1 0.77m
session 2 0.92m

Tuesday January 19
Australian Open night 2
Seven: 0.74m (more people watching Hewitt v Duckworth)
7TWO: 0.25m

Wednesday January 20
One day cricket: Australia v India
session 1 0.61m
session 2 1.05m

Australian Open night 3 0.67m (Seven) + 0.14m (7TWO)

Thursday January 21
More people will be watching Hewitt v Ferrer tonight than the BBL.
Australian Open night 4 0.97m (Seven) + 0.13m (7TWO)

BBL semi final: Adelaide Strikers v Sydney Thunder (Ten + One)
session 1 0.65m
session 2 0.88m

I think it will depend on how both games start. A lot of channel flicking I think.

Friday January 22
Again a lot of channel flicking.

Australian Open night 5 0.74m (Seven) + 0.15m (7TWO)

BBL semi final: Melbourne Stars v Perth Scorchers (Ten + One)
session 1: 0.88m
session 2: 1.02m

Saturday January 23
One day cricket: Australia v India
session 1: 0.84m
session 2: 1.1m

Australian Open night 6 0.74m