20 to One

The Block, Australian Ninja Warrior, Talking about you Generation, the news, The Voice etc.

Which one of those is a good show?

OK my mistake, not good shows, but better than what their rivals are dishing up.

Personally though, I find Ninja and The Block enjoyable.

Coming up this week on 20 to One we count down the 20 top attention seeking behaviors that Erin Molan uses to generate her own press coverage with News Limited & The Daily Mail.

1 Like

I didn’t see episode one of this series but I see that a certain SBS news reader doyen will be commenting on “Epic Pranks” in the second episode. What is happening to the Australian TV?!

EPISODE 4: MEGA CRAZES

WEDNESDAY 14 MARCH at 9.00PM

If it took over the world in the last decade, it’ll be featured in this episode of 20 to One. From the technological obsessions (Tinder, MySpace, Pokémon Go, Nintendo Wii), dance crazes (Single Ladies, Twerking), fitness trends (Zumba, Paleo) and social media shares (Ryan Gosling Memes, Flashmobs, Selfies) to entertainment mega-hits (Carpool Karaoke, Crazy Frog, Frozen). Whether it was just in Australia (The Richies) or all over the world (Big Lips, Dog Shaming, Drones, Clowns) these crazes have impacted our lives by their ubiquitousness – even if it was only for a very brief moment.

EPISODE 5: WORLD’S GREATEST AUSSIES

WEDNESDAY 21 MARCH at 9.00PM

Celebrating the latest and greatest homegrown talent, we pay homage to the Aussies who have taken the planet by storm. It’s time to count down the actors, musicians, sports stars and celebrities who are changing our world, or at least making it a little more interesting. From surfing legend Mick Fanning, supermodel Miranda Kerr, A-list actor Chris Hemsworth to country music superstar Keith Urban, who will make it to number one?

Dave Thornton out, Nick Cody in.

This show has had so many incarnations, must be cheap to produce.

1 Like

Well it is essentially a clip show with celebrities giving commentary. It would have to be one of the cheapest shows on TV to make.

but did we really want this show to return?

I got taken off midway through last season and came back later so surprised they bothered to go again.

1 Like

and there are still unaired episodes from that season

1 Like

Summer content?

Saw a commercial this morning on Nine, saying that 20 to One is returning. It is “coming soon”. It will be hosted by Erin Molan and comedian Nick Cody.

Am a little surprised that it is coming back. Didn’t it rate fairly average last year?
But then again, it is cheap to make. And does meet the Australian quota.

It was announced a while ago. Maybe at the Upfronts?

Yeah, it was announced a while ago. I also remember reading about it somewhere too. Possibly the Upfronts.

I knew Erin Molan was to host again. I wasn’t aware though about Nick Cody co-hosting, until I saw the ad today.

It was mentioned in this thread last October. I only knew because I hadn’t been in this thread since then

1 Like
20 TO ONE

Hang on tight as comedian Nick Cody joins Erin Molan at the helm of Australia’s favourite countdown, 20 to One, back for a fresh series in 2019.

Haha, my bad. Yeah, it was a few posts above my post. Teaches me to read a few extra posts before posting :slight_smile:

Nine still have unaired episodes of the previous season up their sleeve