20 to One

Yes

Having watched the ads on TV it looks uninspiring. Almost all the clips I have seen months ago. Tacky…

Starts Tuesday week (May 31) according to a promo aired tonight.

###20 TO ONE

Tuesday 31 May at 7.30pm

The brand new series of 20 to One hosted by Ryan “Fitzy” Fitzgerald and Michael “Wippa” Wipfli premieres on the Nine Network with a fresh look and a host of international and homegrown stars on Tuesday, May 31, at 7.30pm.

Fitzy and Wippa will take aim at everything from Epic Fails, Outrageous Sports Stars, 15 Minutes of Fame and Celebrity OMG Moments to the Wildest Commercials, with guest commentators giving their candid, witty and revealing insights each week.

Episode one of 20 to One looks at the biggest and best Viral Sensations of the internet age – the ones that took us on a hilarious and captivating journey. From Gangnam Style and its 2.8 billion YouTube views to the star-studded ice bucket challenge and the bizarre trends of “planking” and “unboxing”.
A cavalcade of personalities and stars such as Sharon Osbourne, Lindsay Lohan, Gene Simmons, Martina Navratilova, Jack Gleeson, Sylvia Jeffreys, Jackie O, Tracy Grimshaw, Kevin Rudd, Dami Im, Beau Ryan, Jason Akermanis and Gyton Grantley will deliver their verdict on the fads and the famous that come and go at warp speed today.

Fasten your seatbelts when Fitzy and Wippa take over the driver’s seat on this wild ride through the weird world of pop culture. We’re not exactly sure what’s going to happen!

1 Like

Judging by that press release…I’m willing to predict that 20 to One with Fitzy & Wippa will last a maximum of three weeks on the air!

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:26, topic:857”]
I’m willing to predict that 20 to One with Fitzy & Wippa will last a maximum of three weeks on the air![/quote]
If their performance is anything like it was at the Logies then put your house on it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But if they can translate what they do on radio to television, it could work. Knowing how Nine meddle in the creative process, I doubt it though. :wink:

1 Like

This might just be me, but a contributing factor to 20 to one being brought back onto our screens (IMO) could be due to all of the memes from the page Shit Memes which was the same page that propelled the Guy Sebastian, Shannon Noll and Australian Idol memes (amongst others) last year.

6 Likes

Who are these people?

It isn’t 20 to 1 without Bert Newton.

4 Likes

just started watching this and they’ve already started with the jumpcuts of like 5 people repeating the EXACT same shite!

JFC this show is so trash

1 Like

Last night’s episode was awful, dragged out and full of rubbish. Surprisingly, you CAN get worse than 20 to 1 with Bert Newton!

I stopped watching when he took over from Bud Tingwell.

Told ya.

2 Likes

Some washed up ‘stars’ on last night too.

You’d think they could have revitalised the concept by relaunching it as a slightly different show.

Maybe it could have been a show about what’s Trending or Pop Culture. It could have had more interest that way.

2 Likes

Could’ve even been a game show, where u start with 20 contestants and slowly drops to one… Idk :stuck_out_tongue:

I think a primetime game show (US is seeing success with them on ABC) would be more worthwhile than a clip show.

1 Like

I think Nine already did that with 100 to 1, 1 vs 100 or something like that.

6 Likes

New night, Monday 7:30.

1 Like

###20 TO ONE

“Returning to Nine in May 2017”

20 to One is back with new hosts, Erin Molan and Dave Thornton, a fresh look, and a star-studded lineup of international and homegrown stars.

Erin and Dave are fired up and ready to present the world’s Greatest Comebacks, Superstar Feuds, Mega Crazes, Epic Pranks and Viral Megastars, with guest commentators giving their hilarious and often shocking take on everyone and everything.

It’s an explosive start as episode one checks out the biggest and best Superstar Commercials, including the most expensive A-list ad of all time. These celebs might have bags of Oscars, Grammys and sporting accolades, but watch them earn their biggest paydays by shamelessly flogging perfumes, pastries, and even teeny tiny undies.

Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman will battle it out for the top spot with Brad Pitt, Taylor Swift, and the cast of The Avengers. And look out for surprise contenders: from reality TV royalty, the world’s highest paid comedian, and everyone’s favourite star from Friends.

Join Sharon Osbourne, Alan Carr, John Stamos, Sophie Monk, Scott Cam, Roxy Jacenko, Gina Liano, Lee Lin Chin, Lauren Jackson, Richard Wilkins, Christopher Pyne, Anthony Albanese and more as they let fly with their unpredictable opinions. And you can be sure they won’t be holding back.

Hang on tight as Erin and Dave take you on a white-knuckle ride through the weird and wild world of pop culture in the inimitable and outrageous style of 20 to One.

EPISODE 1: SUPERSTAR COMMERCIALS
EPISODE 2: GREATEST COMEBACKS
EPSIODE 3: VIRAL MEGASTARS
EPISODE 4: AMAZING ANIMALS
EPISODE 5: AMAZING COMMERCIALS
EPISODE 6: SUPERSTAR FEUDS
EPISODE 7: EPIC PRANKS
EPISODE 8: GREATEST CHILD STARS
EPISODE 9: MEGA CRAZES
EPISODE 10: WORLD’S GREATEST AUSSIES

They are really flogging this concept. Didnt fire last year. Why would it fire this year?