20 to One

Summer content?

Saw a commercial this morning on Nine, saying that 20 to One is returning. It is “coming soon”. It will be hosted by Erin Molan and comedian Nick Cody.

Am a little surprised that it is coming back. Didn’t it rate fairly average last year?
But then again, it is cheap to make. And does meet the Australian quota.

It was announced a while ago. Maybe at the Upfronts?

Yeah, it was announced a while ago. I also remember reading about it somewhere too. Possibly the Upfronts.

I knew Erin Molan was to host again. I wasn’t aware though about Nick Cody co-hosting, until I saw the ad today.

It was mentioned in this thread last October. I only knew because I hadn’t been in this thread since then

1 Like
20 TO ONE

Hang on tight as comedian Nick Cody joins Erin Molan at the helm of Australia’s favourite countdown, 20 to One, back for a fresh series in 2019.

Haha, my bad. Yeah, it was a few posts above my post. Teaches me to read a few extra posts before posting :slight_smile:

Nine still have unaired episodes of the previous season up their sleeve

So only Channel 9 realities will feature? lol

1 Like

Returns Monday 29 April following Lego Masters

Reality TV Shockers
Erin Molan & Nick Cody count down the most shocking moments in reality TV history including controversies from Big Brother, MAFS and The Block. Featuring Jane Fonda, Jimmy Carr, Sharon Osbourne, Mel B and Kathy Griffin.

Apologies for the dark screenshot that I have done after the commercial break.

ALL NEW 20 TO ONE

TONIGHT AT 8.40PM

The wait is finally over, as Australia’s favourite countdown returns to our screens, with 20 to One premiering tonight at 8.40 PM on Nine and 9Now for hilarious and nostalgic weekly episodes.

Nine’s Erin Molan returns to host, alongside her new co-host, acclaimed Australian comedian Nick Cody , who.has won a legion of fans around the world with his unique brand of Aussie humour.

They are joined by the biggest all-star celebrity cast in the show’s history, all of whom promise to not hold back with their controversial and unpredictable opinions, including Spice Girl Mel B , UK comedian Jimmy Carr , American icon Jane Fonda , reality TV royalty Sharon Osbourne and US comedian Kathy Griffin .

”I’m thrilled to be back for a third round of 20 to One this year, alongside my new partner in crime, the hilarious Nick Cody”, said Erin Molan.

“Viewers can expect some of the craziest countdowns yet, along with the greatest cast we’ve ever assembled for the show.”

Other star contributors featured throughout the season include Sophie Monk, Mel Buttle, Ben Fordham, Michala Banas, Scott Cam, Tegan Higginbotham, Courtney Act, Richard Wilkins, Peter Berner, Cal Wilson, Gyton Grantley, Kat Stewart, Nazeem Hussain, Richard Reid. Roxy Jacenko and more.

Tonight’s episode is one not to be missed, as we count down the most shocking moments in the history of reality TV, including controversies from Married at First Sight, Big Brother, The Block and more. Also this season, the world’s greatest viral megahits are rated, epic celebrity fails are judged, and the most outrageous commercials ever seen will be ranked.

Hell hath no fury like a boyband’s fans scorned.

Teenage fans with their heads not screwed on quite right yet.

I watched it and don’t see the issue at all? Typical sensitive teenage fan girls. Channel 9 better not turn full PC and apologise.

To be honest, when I first saw that #Channel9Apologise was a trend last night, my first thought was probably something like “What has Nine News or A Current Affair done this time?”!

With barely over 300k metro viewers watching 20 to 1 last night (if TV Tonight’s ratings wrap-up article is anything to go by), there very well may have been more responses to the clips posted on social media than the actual broadcast as it was going out live?

Either way, I still don’t really know who the group BTS are (probably says something about much in-tune I am with the popular culture of 2019) and didn’t hold a particularly high opinion of the current/more recent incarnation of 20 to 1 before this apparently controversial segment went to air/was posted online.

There was, I think, more in the Israel episode of Travel Guides that could have touched on some people’s sensitivities, but I didn’t see any complaints. Its good natured humour and viewers were in this instance, it appears, wise enough to see that.

20 to One is meant to be disposable entertainment and viewers should just move on if they don’t find it funny.

I agree. If people are so offended by the segment and are unhappy with Nine’s response, they should complain to ACMA (as the CSAs for Free TV Australia regularly remind us) before venting on social media!

Really? You want to stifle free speech now?

It’s alright for the show to mock someone but how dare people comment on that?