10 Play

Is the Baywatch channel showing the remastered episodes or the original 4:3 version?

2 Likes

Do the distributors even make 4:3 copies available anymore?

The way I am thinking, if the business has sunk money in converting content to 16:9, why would it not maximise the value of that investment by making that the default version moving forward?

1 Like

The FAST channels (or at least the Baywatch one) are a bit buggy with how the ads work sometimes it just sits on the back soon 10play graphic

1 Like

The multi-show FAST channels are watermarked unlike 7+'s. It appears that different content providers are using random variants of the 10 Play logo. I only saw two tonight, but I’ve seen other smaller versions used as well.

They also watermark the MasterChef channel:

The imported channels remain untouched:

1 Like
1 Like

Reflect And Empower

2023 Sunset Ceremony. Wednesday, 25 January Live At 7.30pm AEDT On 10 Play And Encored Thursday, 26 January At 6.00am AEDT On 10.

Hosted by Studio 10 and 10 News Midday’s Narelda Jacobs and NITV’s John Paul Janke, and broadcast live from Yurong Point, Gadigal Country (Mrs Macquarie’s Chair, Sydney), the 2023 Sunset Ceremony invites audiences to enhance their relationship with Australia’s past, present and future, as the sun sets ahead of January 26.

From 7.30pm Wednesday, 25 January on 10 Play, the powerful and insightful two-hour special will be led by First Nations perspectives, and includes reflections from non-Indigenous and multicultural voices on Australia’s past, present and future.

Guests will include Brooke Blurton, Hugh Riminton, Ernie Dingo AO, Aaron Fa’aoso, BARKAA and Steven Oliver.

2023 marks the fourth year the special event has been simulcast between 10, NITV and SBS.

Looking to learn more about Australia? 10 has you covered.

Elaine Crombie hosts Stuff Everyone Should Know About Australia, a collaboration between 10 Play and First Nations creatives, who are passionate about learning amazing truths and sharing them with the rest of the nation.

The documentary web series is short and sweet, fun and educational, aimed at busting myths and celebrating truths about First Nations history and culture.

Click here to watch 10 Play’s documentary web series Stuff Everyone Should Know About Australia.

10/Paramount must be really struggling to get advertisers, watching Australian Survivor on 10Play tonight there was an ad for a restaurant offering Chinese New Year specials, I had never heard of the restaurant chain and the ad was using an accent.

Looking up Mandarin Restaurant - mandarinrestaurant.com, it was interesting to see that they are Canadian chain, which the accent was. A one off ad wouldn’t be too weird but it was in every single ad break.

There have been some recent changes to 10 Play’s FAST channel lineup. Now 2 channels less than what they started with which is odd. Could they not find something else to fill or even grow the lineup a little?

New:

• Rush (the Australian police drama series)

Removed:

• Aussie Drama
  • Christmas Movies
  • The Challenge
3 Likes

Christmas Movies is a seasonal channel so its removal is not a surprise. But I am not sure why The Challenge channel is dropped also. It could have been used to air the latest season of The Challenge USA and The Challenge UK, ahead of the premiere of The Challenge: World Championship on Paramount+.

1 Like

Because it is :poop: ?

1 Like

Coming Of Age Documentary, Who I Am.

Now Streaming On 10 Play.

A transgender teen on the spectrum learns to be himself with the help of their own original animated characters in Who I Am, a new documentary now available to stream on 10 Play.

After being bullied at school, 14-year-old Charlie (they/them and he/him) finally comes out to their mum, setting him on a path of navigating the first steps of his transition – the social transition.

Over three years we watch them come out to family, make it through lockdown, meet new friends, find inclusive healthcare, and ultimately settle into their identity with the new name Aether.

Meanwhile, their mum Anthea goes on her own journey to embracing her child for all that he is.

Told through observational moments, intimate reflections from the whole family, including younger siblings Hayley and William who are also Autistic, and Aether’s own original animated characters, The Fallens, coming to life, Aether begins their new chapter, learning to be comfortable in their own skin no matter what other people think.

2 Likes

Coverage of the memorial service on 10 Play.

4 Likes

No offence intended but a 7 News article talks about “how to watch the state funeral”

She passed away ages ago though. Was there not a funeral then?

?

No there wasn’t.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to press skip ads when watching on Chromecast?
Any button I press just takes me to the video scrubber.

1 Like

You can’t skip the ads on 10Play…?

1 Like

Apple TV here but I think it was 10play was coming up with a ‘skip ads’ in the bottom right a couple of times last week, but yeah I couldn’t seem to select it either and it was gone before I could work it out :man_shrugging:

An Aussie Drama channel would be nicer than a channel playing back to back of the same show. Plenty of Aussie content around going back over the decades.

There are some more coming soon. That’s all i’ll say.

2 Likes

Now available on 10 play.

4 Likes