10 Play

Ahh thanks.

Altho that was disappointing. I was hoping for The Flintstones & The Jetsons etc etc.

Given they are Warner properties it was unlikely they would show up on a Paramount-owned service.

2 Likes

Many of us don’t know the ins and outs of production companies for cartoons from 40 years ago :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Avatar is considered ‘retro’ :sob:

2 Likes

i wonder what seasons of Baywatch it is . 9Now just has Seasons 2 and 3.

1 Like

Seems a number of the channels (Wipeout, Baywatch, Survivor) are available in 720p HD, yet Bold, Peach and Shake are still only available in SD.

1 Like

Because the broadcast channels are squeezing in to a DVB mix and the streams are generated from New York…

2 Likes

More FAST channels launched today.

2 Likes

I don’t see the point of these channels if all they do is have one TV show on repeat. Why not just watch it “on demand”?

It’s similar to those FAST channels on 7plus, including channels for Big Brother and Better Homes and Gardens.

2 Likes

It’s nice to see more mixed content channels

1 Like
1 Like

Some of these streams are also on Samsung tv plus.

1 Like

Seems the article has disappeared? Get an error 404 message.

2 Likes

I suppose it’s for those who are still accustomed to watching a tv channel.

All of the free FAST platforms do it, so there must be an audience that are happy to watch any episode from any season of their favourite show in a linear format. Some of the channels show all the franchise variants for that one brand, like Wipeout Xtra which shows all the international versions.

I like it. I get that it’s a bit deceiving and is probably done excessively on some platforms to make the EPG look full, but I do see the benefit in having them. Some people like casual background viewing and don’t necessarily turn on the TV to be fully invested in a program. I don’t see the harm in them or see them as wasteful. I reckon why not? If you have the library you might as well make a channel out of it!

3 Likes

I like the logos they’ve designed for the mixed content channels. Hints of 10 without explicitly saying it:

Similar to Seven’s designs:

4 Likes

TV Tonight has the article.

P.S. The Mediaweek article has also returned.

1 Like

Stream If You Want To Go FAST-er.

10 Play Launches New FAST (Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV) Channels With Fan Favourite Binge-Worthy Shows In Time For Summer.

Put up the tinsel and turn on the TV because Christmas has come early at 10 Play with audiences receiving the gift of 13 new FAST channels launched today, offering a broad range of curated content for super fans to double down on their favourite shows or genres.

From dedicated channels of top reality TV, retro classics, crime dramas, kids’ content, Aussie dramas and more, there’s a FAST channel for everyone this Christmas giving audiences more of what they love to watch, free to stream whenever they want.

Daniel Monaghan, Senior Vice President, Content and Programming, Paramount Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) said: “Our new FAST channels deepen our offering to diehard fans with a world of content for the foodies, film buffs, reality fans and more.

“Devotees of MasterChef can gorge on back-to-back episodes from Australia and the US. And Survivor superfans can set up camp on a channel dedicated to all the series shot in South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

“Or if you want drama and can’t get enough of the Hoff, then you can stream every episode of Baywatch on a dedicated channel for this 90’s fan favourite. There’ll also be an Aussie Drama channel with a mix of much-loved shows such as Puberty Blues, Rush, The Secret Life of Us, and more. But if you like 80’s Aussie classics, join Lizzie, Franky and Bea on our dedicated Prisoner channel. And we have our Christmas movie channel for the whole family to enjoy.

“There’s something for everyone to stream for free this summer with a wealth of choice in this first taste of our FAST channels and it’s only just the start as we intend to expand in 2023.”

Rod Prosser, Chief Sales Officer, Paramount ANZ said: “Our new FAST channels will deliver a win-win for audiences and advertisers alike, providing targeted opportunities for marketers to reach key audiences with distinct interests, tastes and even passions, who want to know more about products and services aligned to their interests.

“This is just another feather in the cap for 10 Play which has had its biggest year yet, growing 6% on 2021 plus registered users have grown 84% in two years to 6.2 million.

“We’re excited to be able connect advertisers with this engaged audience with clear and tangible consumer buying power across a vast array of lucrative markets and industries.”

Whether you’re on the naughty or nice list this year, there’s a FAST channel for you on our list this Christmas, available via the ‘live’ section on the 10 Play app and website.

But we don’t want you to Claus a scene this Christmas so make sure your 10 Play app is up to date with the latest version, so you can settle in, sit back and stream FAST channels this summer and binge on your favourite shows, anytime, anywhere.

Here is the first tranche of FAST channels Paramount ANZ has launched in partnership with distributors Banijay Rights, Fremantle and Lionsgate.

Single Show or Franchise FAST Channels.

Baywatch.

MasterChef (Australia and US).

Prisoner.

Survivor (Australia, New Zealand and South Africa).

Total Wipeout (UK, Australia, Canada).

Wicked Tuna.

Genre or Multi-Show FAST Channels.

Action and Adventure: Fear Factor, The Island with Bear Grylls, Hardcore Pawn, Extreme Fishing.

Aussie Drama: Puberty Blues, Rush, The Secret Life of Us and Party Tricks.

Christmas Movies.

Little Kids: Paw Patrol, Blaze and Dora The Explorer.

Moviesphere: Featuring movies from the Lionsgate library.

Retro Cartoons: Ren & Stimpy, Catdog, Rugrats, Hey Arnold and more.

True Stories: Nightmare Next Door, Real Prison Breaks, Death Row Stories, I Shouldn’t be Alive, Declassified and more.

New FAST Channels Coming Soon on 12 December.

Merlin.

The Challenge: US series.

The Shores: Geordie Shore.

2 Likes

I assume the 24/7 Baywatch channel is just the same as it is on the Samsung TV app ?

I knew of Samsung’s internet tv offerings through my tv… I didn’t know Baywatch was one such channel until August of this year lol. And I’ve seen every episode multiple times over since then (yes I loved the show back in the day… watch it now more for a laugh at the bad acting!).

1 Like