10 Play

I thought the reason why we don’t see shows like Neighbours or Home and Away old episodes streaming is they have to pay the actors/actresses money when it airs … isn’t that why it ended on 7Two ? Though that is FTA rights not streaming…

Not sure how they got Sons and Daughters on 7Plus or A Country Practice…

Maybe it’s more to do with the cost of streaming rights of these old shows?

You’re correct that some old shows aren’t readily available due to the royalties that would need to be paid to the actress / actresses based on old contracts if they were to be played which may not be able to be monetized in the current world of everything being available on demand.

1 Like

4x3+1=13

But how is that different from any other show?

All the streaming services have heaps of Australian shows. Amazon Prime has dramas like Water Rats and Murder Call, soapies like Echo Point and Out of the Blue, teen/kids shows like Blue Water High and In Your Dreams.

3 Likes

I hope Fremantle media has the answers

1 Like

Has 10 increased the resolution of the main channel on 10play for the Melbourne cup today? I thought they’d done and promoted this in previous years.

I’ve got it streaming on my 65” TV as there’s no connection to the aerial, and it looks okay but not clear enough to be native HD.

2 Likes

What new shows/content is on 10 play this month

1 Like

From !0:

On 10 Play, the Lexus Melbourne Cup race live stream had 175,000 viewers , up 17% on 2020. It was 10 Play’s biggest audience for a live stream ever. The entire day had 765,000 live stream starts, up 12% on 2020.

Network 10’s multi-platform coverage of the Cup saw over seven and a half hours of live and free coverage from Flemington. Audiences were also able to stream the Cup live in HD on 10 Play.

1 Like

I watched it on 10 play and it did not look like it was in HD, at all. Every time the camera panned it was ridiculously blurry.

1 Like

What new content would you like to see on 10 play

I’d just like it to work properly and not fuck up on fullscreen, or have ads that play and content that won’t. And a more stable platform in general.

Similar standard to 7+

HD streaming, site redesign, ad free option.

Paramount+?
They just need to add the channel streams.

And also more FTA content available to catch up.

I’d pay a few bucks a months for those extras I listed, I only use 10 play for live streaming and catch-up and would make a big difference.

Killy what do you mean by f.t.a catch-up I thought 10 play already does this

I was replying to Foxyrover saying that Paramount+ would need more free to air content from 10 rather than having a hypothetical paid version of 10 play without ads, HD streaming etc.

How come they don’t have replays of the fa cup soccer cos all the matches are at night

they don’t have replays for the FFA Cup either

Cmon ten put the replays of the fa cup on p+ or10 play we do want to just the matches live people are in bed asleep at those times