10 Peach - Programs and Schedules

I think that programming approach will either be really successful for 10 Peach, or do nothing much at all. The concern with the latter being multiple hours per night of 90s sitcoms, two very similar in terms of iconic status and fans.

5-7pm seems to set up multi-channels well with sitcoms (Seinfeld, MASH, TBBT, etc) and then another show or movies after 7:30pm or 8:30pm.

Hope for 10 this investment pays off :slight_smile:

NB/ Any word on what will happen (if anything) to Will and Grace, Two and a half men, Frasier, Everybody Lives Raymond, etc?

The usual commited prediction from @Sully. Careful sitting on that fence, you’ll get splinters in your bum. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Peach is really becoming a channel full of classic sitcoms. Most from Warner.

I still can’t find anything in the guide about The Neighborhood. Maybe its for the week after, who knows.

From the annual TV Tonight multi-channel survey, 10 Peach has a few new shows including local series Emmylou Loves plus Seatbelt Psychic and other already announced new titles Nancy Drew, The Neighborhood and Naked Beach plus returning shows Charmed, This Is Us and Supernatural.

Enmylou Loves has been shown on C31 Melbourne for the first 2 seasons as well as being available on YouTube etc. Season 3 premieres Thursday 14th November at 9pm.

And picked up two awards at the 2019 Antenna Awards on Saturday night - including Personality of the Year for Emmylou

2 Likes

No doubt 10 will be announcing this tomorrow morning.

It seems Peach has picked up 2 Broke Girls and Mom.

1 Like

From 10’s press release tonight for 2020, it appears they have picked up previous seasons of Mom (are 9 still airing new eps?) and 2 Broke Girls as well as Netflix Series Bojack Horseman. Another new series to FTA is Dating #NoFilter from E! in the US, and streaming on Hayu locally which has 2 seasons so far.

Joining Neighbours on 10 Peach is a strong collection of content, including all-new The Loop, Dating #NoFilter and Bojack Horseman , plus the iconic sitcoms Seinfeld, Will & Grace, Two And A Half Men, Mom and 2 Broke Girls .

Really looks like Peach is aiming to be a sitcom channel.
Can’t say I mind that!

2 Likes

2 Broke Girls expires on 9Now on 1 November … just watched every episode took a year . So probably disappears off there and rights expire with 9 then.

Mom never seen but heard it’s good and the only Chuck Lorre show on FTA still going.

Bojack is on Foxtel apparently?

I wish Ten had Bob’s Burgers back (sorry I sound like a broken record), but now wouldn’t surprise me if 7Mate or SBS Viceland picks it up . Viceland has Final Space off Netflix (TBS show) paired with South Park next week and both 7 and SBS seem to get new /old Fox shows at the moment.

Actually why not put Mom on 10 All Access then or do they not want on demand episodes there as well as catch up on 10Play as well as airing on FTA?

Mom is on CBS All Access.

If they are going to air Mom next year will it be removed for not rating well, i don’t remember it airing in prime time on Nine or being populat? … might become like Mike and Molly and be removed after a few episodes, rescheduled , put back etc .

Unless the rights to Bojack were super cheap it is strange they are picking it up when it is already on Netflix, Comedy Channel and home media. New episodes of Bob’s Burgers have no home in Australia. There are also twice as many episodes so easier to strip across the week.

1 Like

I don’t know why Bob’s is not being picked up by anyone, unless the rights have become super expensive.

Probably because the ratings don’t justify the cost. Why would a network buy it if nobody is watching?

I thought Bob’s Burgers did alright in ratings.

Not sure what they’re expecting with Bojack in ratings .

Nancy Drew premieres Thursday, October 24 at 9pm with double episodes.

Hopefully it gets a little promotion, 10 needs to find a good balance of shows that rate and do well on the channel but also new content as they can’t just be airing umpteenth repeats of old sitcoms.

1 Like

Why didn’t they air it on Peach when it came out in the US rather than 2 weeks of delay.

As with the case with NCIS (whose new season starts tonight on 10), 10 is delaying the premiere of Nancy Drew so it can show a new episode per week to cover for pre-emptions in the US.

1 Like